chapter one

if it makes you happy, it doesn't have to make sense to others

-unknow

anastasia's pov

anastasia's pov

I groan as my alarm wakes me up. Why does this sound have to be so aggressive and annoying? And on the first vacation day! I can't complain tho. I'm the one who decided to have one! It should be a pretty sound tho, to start the day well!

I lazily leave my bed and making it quickly. I enter the bathroom with my gym clothes in hand and I place them on the counter. I wash my face quickly and apply sunscream. The sun is not up yet but it will be when I get back. I run every morning, I always do it before the sun wakes up. In the afternoon, it's too hot. Also, the streets are full of people while in the morning, they are empty and calm. 

It's peaceful.

I finish my things and get dressed. The sage green biker shorts hold my hips and my waist perfectly. I put on the matching crop tee and tie my long, wavy black hair in a high ponytail. I add another hairtie, only to make sure it won't undo itself. 

Taking a last quick look at myself in the mirror, I smile and leave the bathroom

Taking a last quick look at myself in the mirror, I smile and leave the bathroom. I enter the kitchen and take a look at the time. 

5:30.

I should go now, I tell myself. I open the fridge and grab the water bottle I put there yesterday night. I take a look at the almost empty fridge. 

I'll go grocery shopping later today.

I sit on the small bench who's placed next to the door and lace my white running shoes. I grab a small white vest and tie it around my waist. It's a bit windy today, so I might get cold.

I leave and lock my apartment behind me. I wave at Ms.Rose, an old and nice lady, who leaves next door. She always bakes me chocolate chips cookies and she has three adorable cats. One of them is pregnant and she promised to give me one of the kitten when they'll be born! 

I really couldn't wish for a better neighbor!

I wait for the elevator and in two minutes, I'm outside breating the fresh air. I walk towards the closest park, who appears to be my favorite.