chapter thirty-six

i never thought i'd get there

anastasia's pov

I didn't think I'd be able to feel that way again. I don't know if "again" is a good word to use in this case, but I just thought love would never find me again.

So I don't really know what to do when my chest just felt so hot and... loved? I just had to get it out.

I now realize that maybe he doesn't feel the same. Maybe he's just like Connor.

But he's not. I know he's not.

The fear is just still there.

I still look into his eyes. They're full of surprise.

"I love you, Anastasia. I love you so much." He catches my mouth with his once again and I let myself fall even deeper for Luke.

____________________

"Anastasia?" I lift my head from where it was resting, Luke's shoulder.

I slowly get up, not letting go of his hand. He kisses it and I follow Genevieve to her office at the back of the white, boring hallway.

"Sit down." I do just has she tells me and put my bag on the floor next to my feet.

"So! How's it being going?" I know she's just asking useless questions before getting to my homework.

"Good. Yeah good." She furrows her eyebrows a bit.

"How's it with Luke?" She takes a sip of her cup, probably tea. She once told me coffee was a no no, she hates it.

"It's good." Maybe she can see I'm trying not to act too happy about this.

"Tell me all about it." Okay if you wanna know that much.

And I spend the next, let's say, twenty minutes talking about him.

It's genuinely not even that much. It could've been more.

"That's great. I'm happy he opened up to you. I'm also happy you opened up to him, although in a whole different way. How did you feel when he said he loved you?" Her blue eyes stare into mine and I almost feel intimidated.

"I don't know. I think I was just relieved that he felt the same way." I rub my hands on my thighs.

"Would that maybe be because you're scared he's like Connor?" I really don't like hearing his name.

"Yeah, actually. I know he isn't. But.... It's just still there deep down."

____________________

She's now smiling way too happily as I finish telling her about that day.

"This is amazing, Anastasia. You spent a whole day without him and it wasn't too bad, right?" It was awful. " This day helped you so much and you probably don't even realize it yet."

____________________

Luci is sleeping on his back with his paws up. I'm fangirling.

I take pictures from every angles, before leaving him there and going to the kitchen.

I don't make noises, preparing myself to scare him It probably won't work. It never does.

But I'll keep trying until succeed.

He's emptying the dish washer, all the plates coming into one big pile. I come up behind him and as him about to scare him, he turns around and his hand quite literally, hit my jaw.

Only problem is that this was the hand that had all those plates.

They drop to the floor and shatter in millions pieces.

I don't immediately acknowledge it, because of the horrific pain in the bottom of my face.

"I'm so sorry!" He keeps repeating that as he picks me by the waist and drags me to bathroom.

"It's- It's okay. It's my fault." He shakes his head no as he keeps saying how sorry he is.

His hand slowly turns my jaw to the side and I flinch a bit when his thumb touches my bottom lip.

"What did I do." I try to tell him it's okay, but it's as if I'm not even here.

My gaze take a full look over him and I notice that his feet are fully bleeding and his foot steps are all red on the floor.

"Luke... you're bleeding." He seems to hear me this time.

But shakes his head.

"That doesn't matter. I hit you."

"It was an accident." He shakes his head again.

"I'll get you some ice. Wait here, you'll hurt yourself in the kitchen." He kisses the other side of my lips, not the one that'll be bruise in a couple hours.

"Okay." I whisper.

I watch his back as he leaves.

____________________

734 words

i think i'll start writing more, i missed it