chapter twenty-nine

hey guys! i'm sorry for taking months to update. i haven't been in the best mental state and i was afraid this book was gonna go in an even darker place. plus with school that started back, it's even harder to find time. i won't promise anything, but i will try and write more❤️

you don't realise how hard it can be

anastasia's pov

"Well?" she asks.

"What?" my voice sounds different from usual.

"Do you like it?"

She's showing me a dress, a wedding dress.

When I don't answer, she walks to me and I back up on the bed, back to the wall.

"It's for you, so you better love it."

Excuse me?

"W-what?" She wants us to get... married?

"It's pretty, isn't it? I got all your measurements taken when you were sleeping."

I can't even sleep in peace anymore.

I've been here for what, 2 days, 3? Yet, it feels like it's been forever.

____________________

"Here. All done." I just nod at the lady who did my hair.

The lady looks at me in the mirror for a couple seconds. "You don't seem very happy. It's your wedding day, it should be the best day ever."

If only she knew. If only... she knew.

Eloise threatened me to not tell her but if I'm quick, she'll never know, right? And maybe I could just get out of here.

"Actually... I... I need help. She kidnapped me, I've been here for days. Please help me, I can't stay here. I..."

A laugh leaves her mouth. "She did not kidnap you, and put a smile on your face. It's your wedding day, be happy."

And she leaves.

I'm stuck here. There's no hope anymore, the only person I saw today is on her side.

____________________

luke's pov

The door opens up a bit, and an eye looks at us from the crack.