chapter twenty-seven

we won't forget each other, right?

luke's pov

Don't throw up.

I cant.

I just can't take it.

One day.

That's how long we've officially been together.

Before she broke up with me.

I should have known it.

She's too perfect.

Pretty, smart, caring.

And she leaves me on the phone, over a message text.

Not even a phone call.

I just want to know why.

Maybe I could go see her.

No. She said she wanted to be left alone.

Who would want to be with me anyway.

But I can't just stay here.

I at least want answers.

I'll go see her.

One last time.

____________________

Come on. Come on.

I walk up the stairs four by four, finally getting to her floor.

I run a hand through my hair, my black curls moving out of my face.

I turn the corner and see that I'm not lonely to look for Anastasia.

Kenji, I think, if my memory is okay, is quite literally banging on her door.

"Anaaa! Oh my God! Wake up, it's the afternoon! You hate sleeping in later than 9!" he bangs another time, staring at her door number, 55.

He starts banging with rhythm, shaking his head to the sound I guess he is thinking about.

I can't help but feel like I know this song.

Feels like something everyone knows actually...

"When I'm goneee, When I'm go0o0one, You're gonna miss me when I'm gone, You're gonna..."

A chuckle leaves my mouth, thing that happen rarely, except for when I'm with a certain person.

He continues to sing, as well as banging the door to the choreography I think everyone did at least once in their lives.

His head shakes and his black, or dark brown, I don't really know, hair moves around his head.

"You're gonna miss me when I'm gone...." He stops dramaticly at the end of the song and turns his head towards my direction.

"Hey Luke, right?" I nod my head, still staring into his almond eyes. 

From the way he acts, I know he isn't attracted to my angel, it's hard to believe but yeah.

I'll try to be friendly.

It's the least I can do.

Try.

"Does Ana answer your calls?" I shake my head, hair falling back down on my forehead.

Fucking annoying curls.

"I have so much important things to tell her, and now she won't talk to me." He walks back towards her door and I follow him, a couple meters away.

"Yeah?" First word I say in a day.

My throat hurts.

Don't show it.

"Fuck yeah! I'm going to Tokyo see some family and I need to know what gift she wants me to bring her back!" 

My arms are crossed on my chest and I raise an eyebrow.

That's important?

"It's crucial!" His hand moves around to explain his point.

Now, where is she? Would she be mad if I just walked in?

Probably. She fucking broke up with you for a reason.

Ouch.

Fuck off.

I turn the door handle and it doesn't buldge for shit.

"Baby. Will you open the door please?" No sounds come from the other side of the door.

And then...

A little something.

A cat meow.

Lucifer.

He starts to make more noise, until Kenji and I can hear it perfectly from the hallway.

He stops talking, yes he was still going, and try to push me out of the way.

"Don't touch me."

That left my mouth all alone. Not my fault.

He looks at me a couple seconds and then turn back to the door, now on his knees.

His hand goes in his pocket and he gets something out of it, shining in between his fingers.

A hairclip of some sorts.

"I'm gonna do the spy trick, you ready." I nod.

He seems to not have it easy, or if he really does know how to do it professionally. But you know what's the worst about that?

It worked.

As soon as I hear the click of the lock, he's out of my way and I almost run inside.

I wanna see her. At least one time. One last time.

My heart hurts just to think about it.

A cat, a place still as clean as usually, but no Anastasia.

Lucifer purrs and rubs his body on my leg.

I don't know why this cat likes me.

I don't know why she broke up with me.

I don't know how I ended up listening to her bestfriend signing Cups.

I don't know why she's not here.

The only thing I know is that, without her, I feel as empty as this apartment is.

____________________

728 words