chapter twenty-three

i need you more than you think

anastasia's pov

I wake up alone, the place next to me cold, leaving me as cold as it. 

After putting on big warm socks, that are so soft by the way- and pink! - I leave Luke's bedroom.

"I know you wanted to go run, but I thought you might need a bit more rest, yeah?" I nod my head sleepily as he takes the hairtie off my hair.

"Want me to brush it for you?" He sits me on the kitchen wooden chair as I nod my head.

"Yes please." My eyes close and I feel like I could fall asleep right there.

"Tell me if I'm hurting you." I mumble a "yes" and let my head fall back, eyes closed, just enjoying out proximity.

I'm not going to lie, I think I fell asleep. He didn't hurt me once, making sure to go slowly and to not pull on the knots.

"All done." Awe not already. "Would you like a coffee? It might wake you up a bit."

Ouh coffee.

I can't say no to that.

"Yes, if you don't mind."

"Like usual?" A smile crips my tired face and I nod.

"Can I go get dress and maybe we can go run after?" I look at my nails.

"Of course we can. And you don't have to ask me to go change, baby."

I feel like he says that a lot these days.

I put a simple sport bra and grey biker shorts, with a dark blue oversized T-shirt to hide my body a bit.

I tie my hair up, but end up taking it out, leaving my hair loose.

My cheeks look weird.

"Do you want something to eat with that?" I shake my head.

I already ate yesterday night, I can't bear to eat again.

"Thank you, Luke." I take the cup from his hand. I sip on it. 

I can tell he wants to argue on my decision not to eat this morning, so I quickly change subject. "So you're really planning on adopting that other kitten?"