Part 7

Blink.

Blink.

Blink.

You stared at the blinking cursor on your computer screen as you tried to think of a good sentence to start of the article. The white space of the blank document in front of you seems to be mocking you for staring at it for three hours but without writing anything.

How could you, though, when the scene yesterday just kept on haunting you?

You still couldn't understand whyNamjoon was angry. What did he want you to say? That you remember each and every single touch of him on you? That you could still remember his voice as you whispered things to you? That most of the time, you could still dream of him and that night?

How could you say that though, when you know he only thinks of that night as a mistake?

Sighing, you tried to think of a good sentence again.

If he hadn't recognized you, it would've been much easier for you to move on. You could probably even finish this damned article in just a short time. But the fact that he remembered you was enough to ruin your system.

There's this small damned part of you that actually sparked hope of his actions yesterday. And that small part was your heart. It kept on whispering things on you that making you distracted.

What if he somehow thinks now that what happened before wasn't a mistake?

What if he wanted to make it right now?

But, no! That couldn't be. Why would he? He only met you that night and you had sex and that was it. There's no reason for him to think things should be right between the two of you. You were just a passing stranger to him.

Maybe he could remember you because you were the naïve fan who consented to his idiotic request.

And now that he saw you again, he probably just wanted to hit on you again.

Yes. That's better. That must be it. Good work, brain. Thanks for making things logical.

Ingraining that thought deep in your head, you stood up to fetch some water, taking that time to stretch and keep your blood running. As soon as you return to your desk, you seemed to be your usual self because you managed to start the article and finish quite faster than before.

Clapping your hands together for a job well done, you sent it to Mrs. Park and began clearing your desk off your things so you could go home. You were still quite a loner here because everyone was so busy that you couldn't start a proper conversation with your new officemates. You didn't want to rush things though. You knew this time of the month were the most hectic because of deadlines. You're pretty sure after everything wassubmitted, you could start hanging out with them and be friends with them.

Leaving the office early, you went straight to the mall. You think you should unwind a little. Yesterday's event caught you off-guard and you were in need of a distraction.

Walking at the department store, you noticed a couple shopping with their son who looked like he was around the same age as Yejoon.The little boy was running happily, pointing his finger to an adorable looking stuffed toy. The father laughed as the mother smiled fondly, playfully slapping the father on his shoulder, telling him to go follow their son.

The father shook his head as his son bounced up and down, pouting and telling him to buy the toy for him. He went to his son and gently took him in his arms, taking one of the toys with him as he kissed the boy on the cheek. They went straight to the cashier, the mother silently watching the two.

As you watched, you hadn't realized you were smiling while a tear escaped your eye.

Your mind immediately went to your son and Namjoon. What would happen if he knew about Yejoon? Would he care for him like that guy saw just did for his son? Or would he treat him as a mistake as well?

You shook your head, not wanting to think about it. You went here to unwind, not to stress yourself more.

You saw the father placed his son down again after they paid for the toy. The child, all hyped up, ran again towards your direction. Once he was near you, though, he tripped and fell, making him cry.

Instinctively, you rushed to the kid and helped him up. You tried to soothe him by brushing his hair while he cried.

"Shh... don't cry. Are you okay? Are you hurt?" The kid didn't answer your questions. He just continued to cry until his mom finally got to him.

She took him in his arms and gently patted him to make him stop his cries.

"Thank you," the mom smiled at you and you just smiled back. The father then went to the two and showed the kid his new toy to make him stop crying, which worked.

You smiled at them as you remembered Yejoon's first fall. How he slowly got up on his feet and took his first steps before falling on his knees and crying because of it. You remembered how you went to him and how, just like the mother you met today did, you took him in your arms to comfort him.

You missed your son so damn much right now.

A sad smile spreading on your face, you went to the table where the stuffed toys were displayed. You took a particularly cute one and went to the cashier to pay for it, all the while imagining how Yejoonwould react once you showed it to him.

After paying, you thank the lady at the cashier. Toy in hand, you looked up to see Namjoon at the other side of the store.

He was wearing a black shirt, dark jeans and a red beanie. He was also wearing a face mask, which somehow concealed his face. But you knew without a doubt that it was him.

And he was staring straight at you.