Part 14

Yejoon's small eyelids began to flutter as he awakens from his long sleep. You smiled at the cute gesture and your heart immediately felt lighter when you finally saw your son awake again.

You looked back and saw Namjoonsleeping on the couch while your mother went home to go get some things. Quietly standing to go over to Namjoon, you silently tapped his shoulder and he immediately opened his eyes, alert and looking worried.

"Is everything okay?" he asked in a raspy voice. You just smiled at him and motioned for him to stay quiet before you motioned over toYejoon.

In an instant, Namjoon's eyes lit up and all the sleepiness in him vanished. He slowly stood up before you motioned for him to stop and to stay where he was.

With a suppressed smile on your face, you walked over to Yejoonand pushed his bangs out of his face.

"Mommy?" he asked when he saw you, eyes widening in surprise.

"Hey, Yejoon." You smiled at him and the joy in Yejoon's eyes to bring tears to your eyes. You missed seeing him like this so much that the happiness you feel right now was overwhelming.

He tried to sit up but you gently pushed him back down on his bed.

"Don't move too much yet," you said but Yejoon didn't listen. He still tried to sit and you finally sighed and let him. He didn't seem to notice the bandage in his head as he hugged you tight and kissed you.

"I missed you so much, mommy!" He was burying his head on your chest and you felt your blouse grew wet and you knew your son was crying.

Holding him a little bit longer, you stroked his hair a few times and kissed the top of his head before you decided it's finally time to letNamjoon in on the fun.

Looking back at him you mouthed the words, "come here".

He eagerly stood up, smiling so wide you thought he would rip his cheeks from it.

"Yejoon. Baby." You whispered as your son silently sobbed.

He just snuggled closer on yours so you stroke his head softly.

"Yejoon, someone is here to visit you." Yejoon finally scooted away from you before looking at you questioningly.

You just smiled at him and stepped back, letting Namjoon move closer to the bed.

Confused, Yejoon looked atNamjoon, then back at you. He looked at Namjoon again and repeated the same process for about three times, without saying anything.

"Yejoon," you said softly as he continued to stare at Namjoon. "You said you wanted to meet your father, right?"

Yejoon nodded slowly.

"Well, then, sweetie. He's right in front of you." It took about three seconds before your words sink in to Yejoon. You saw how his little eyes widened, how it lit up almost the same way Namjoon's eyes did... he was a little hesitant at first as he slowly moved closer towardsNamjoon, who was just staring atYejoon the whole time.

As soon as Yejoon was close enough, Namjoon seemed to have lost control over himself and hugged Yejoon as tightly yet as gently as he could.

They both didn't speak for awhile, and as Yejoon's small arms slowly hugged Namjoon back, your tears began to fell. Finally. Your family was now whole.

***

While Yejoon sat on Namjoon's lap as they sat on Yejoon's bed, your son poking Namjoon's cheeks, you heard a knock on your door. You stood up and opened it, revealing a worried-looking nurse.

"Uh..." The nurse began, looking at you weirdly. "Ma'am, I'm not sure if you're aware about this but, there'sa lot of reporters outside the hospital right now, and they were looking for you."

"Huh? What? Me?" The nurse nodded as she continued to check you out, probably wondering if you were some sort of celebrity or something.

Thanking her, you closed the door after saying not to let them in.

You felt like you know already why they were there.

"Are you that good at school?"Namjoon asked Yejoon, smiling and looking like a very proud father. Hmm. Yejoon was probably bragging about his scores in his exams again.

"Yes! I'm number one in my class!" he bragged and Namjoon chuckled.

"Ah. That's only natural. You're my son after all." Yejoon laughed and poked Namjoon's dimples again as they continued to talk.

After Yejoon finally got used toNamjoon, which actually happened pretty fast, they were immediately inseparable. Yejoon seemed like he already forgot about you.

"Uh, I'm sorry to interrupt," you said, smiling and the two looked at you in synch.

"Yes?" Namjoon asked.

"Do you know that there are reporters outside the hospital right now? Probably because of you?" you said jokingly, trying to make the conversation light for Yejoon'ssake, but the hint of worry in your voice was evident.

What would happen if they found out about you? No. That would ruinNamjoon's reputation. You couldn't let this happen.

Maybe you could just say thatNamjoon was a close friend and that he was just visiting you and your son.

Before you could even open your mouth though, Namjoon suddenly frowned.

"I can see your brain working again." He tsked and shook his head. "Whatever it is that you're thinking, it won't work. Let them gather outside. I don't care."

You looked at him incredulously.

"Are you serious? This will seriously affect your image. They can't know." You tried to reason but he just shook his head again and kissed Yejoon's cheek.

He then pulled his son closer, making Yejoon giggle. Pulling faces at him, Namjoon glanced at you.

"I don't care about my image. I will declare to the world that his little guy and you are mine. Let them think what they want to think. I've waited long enough to finally have you, so I'm not going to hide the two of you." The sincerity and love conveyed in those words made you feel warm again and you couldn't help but smile.

Letting go of all your worries, you joined them on the bed. Namjoonthen pulled you in his arms too and hugged both you and Yejoon, taking care not to mess with the IVs attached to Yejoon.

"I love you both," he whispered andYejoon's giggling "I love you, too" was answer enough for the both of you.