Part 10

PART 10

Your phone buzzed as you lay on your bed, trying to get comfortable. You had just finished talking to Yejoon so the sudden message shocked you. Could it be that Yejoon forgot to tell you something? Or maybe your mom?

Picking up your phone, an unknown number greeted you.

Frowning, you opened it to see who it was from.

"Hey Y/N. Namjoon here. Are you free tomorrow night?" You unconsciously smiled while reading it. You saved his number first before responding to him.

"I guess so. Why?" You placed your phone down on your bed while waiting for a reply. Not a minute had passed when your phone buzzed again.

"Would it be okay if we go out for dinner tomorrow?" You raised an eyebrow at his message as your smile grew wider. You were starting to feel like giggling and you stopped yourself from doing so.

What on earth was wrong with you?

"Dinner? Just us?" You typed this slowly, trying to act cool.

"Yes. Don't worry. My treat. :)" The emoticon succeeded on making you laugh. You felt so giddy right now, like you just drink something alcoholic.

"So we'll go out like on a date, then?" You didn't know why, but suddenly felt like flirting a little.

"Not like a date. We'll really be on a date. ;)" Now, that did it. The giggles and squeals you were trying to hold back before erupted now. You clutched on your pillow and squealed there like a hopeless teenager.

Well, how do you know? This 'starting again' strategy seemed to be making your inner fangirl resurface.

Dammit. How would you respond to that then?

Clearing your throat, you tried to calm yourself before replying.

"I haven't agreed on a date yet." Okay. You're gonna go and keep up your hard-to-get antics.

"Do I need to beg for you to say yes?" Biting your lip to keep yourself from smiling, you typed your response. You sure were enjoying this.

"What if you really have to? Would you do it?" You sent your message and waited patiently for his reply. But it never came. Instead, your phone began to ring.

You checked the caller ID and saw Namjoon's name on it. Your heart began to increase its pace again and you let your phone ring a couple more times before answering.

"Hello?" you said, trying your hard to make your voice sound level and bored.

You expected to hear Namjoon's deep voice to say 'Hello' as well, but instead, all you heard was someone singing.

"I don't wanna kick this at all, I want you to want me, that's all, but we don't know how yeah we don't know how, yeah... Please give me your yes, babe, And let me have this date. Have fun while we talk about things in our lives, it will be fun. I'm sure it will be fun... " Namjoon suddenly stopped singing then and spoke normally again. "Is that begging good enough? Or should I write another one for you?" You could hear the teasing in his voice but the uncertainty was also so evident that you couldn't help your grin.

Seriously. Your lip might start to bleed from you biting it too hard already but you couldn't stop yourself. The whole time Namjoon was singing, biting your lip was the only thing that's stopping you from giggling like crazy. Were you sure you didn't take any alcoholic drink today? Because you really felt like your drunk.

You silently cleared your throat and still tried to sound bored, though your voice wasn't as stable as before now.

"Well, I guess that would do. It's not everyday that I get to hear a rapper sing anyway." You heard him let out a relieved sigh and you chuckled soundlessly.

"That's good. Thank you, Y/N. I'll see you tomorrow then?" He already sounded like he couldn't wait for tomorrow to come. And if you were to be honest, that's how you felt too.

"Yeah. See you." You expected him to hang-up but he didn't. You waited for a bit more but nothing happened. You could only hear his breathing on the other line.

"Ah... Namjoon?" you tried, testing if he was still there.

"Yes?" Wow. He really was there.

"Why aren't you hanging up?" you asked.

"I...uh... can you hang-up for me, Y/N?" You chuckled at his silly request.

"You hang-up, Namjoon." You told him.

"No. You hang-up." Wow. Were you really gonna play this game with him?

"You hang-up," you said, and well... yeah. You guess you're playing it.

The exchange of who's gonna hang-up with who lasted for a couple more seconds before he finally gave up.

"Alright, then. I'm hanging up. See you tomorrow, Y/N. Good night."Closing your eyes, you smiled and answered him.

"Yeah. Good night, Namjoon." You heard him hum before he finally ended the call.

Clutching your phone close to you, you smiled and tried to enjoy this light feeling you were having. Then, your phone buzzed again and you opened your eyes to check it.

"Sweet dreams, Y/N." It was a message from Namjoon. You decided not to text him back, but as you felt yourself slowly drift to sleep, you thought that maybe - just maybe - trusting your heard was a good decision after all.