Part 9

You looked up questioningly to your officemate as she placed a bouquet of white roses in front of you. Understanding your look, she just gave you a knowing smile and winked at you before leaving.

Shrugging, you took the bouquet and brought it closer to your face. You inhaled the sweet scent of it and smiled.

You wonder who sent these flowers. You'd been here in Korea for almost a month now but you still hadn't made that much friend and you're quite sure you hadn't hooked up with anyone yet.

Reaching for the envelope inside the bouquet, you took the card inside and read it.

"Y/N, can we please start all over again? Please? I'll be waiting. -KNJ."

Those simple words were enough to shake you entirely. It's been two weeks since you last saw each other and you couldn't still get over the fact that Namjoon suspected you of getting pregnant. You were so close to admitting the truth, if only he met with you again.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, he didn't. And you thought he was done with the issue and just bought your story.

Maybe he did since he didn't say anything about it again. But you also thought he was finally done with you because you hadn't seen him since then. Now, you were proven wrong.

Clutching the card in your hand, you sighed and wondered what you should do.

If you were to be honest with yourself, you were thrilled with the idea of starting all over again. You couldn't deny the fact that after all these years, you still liked him. And then there's this fact that he was your son's father. So, yeah. Why shouldn't you try this chance he was offering?

Oh, you know. Because you were afraid. You were already traumatized of letting your heart lead you. You already know it would lead to heart break.

You should just trust your mind.

But Namjoon's words kept ringing in your ears.

No matter how smart you are, brains aren't always right.

You sighed. How could he say the right words at the right time? That statement confused the hell out of you. If a genius guy was willing to trust his heart instead of his brains, then why couldn't you do the same?

Because you already knew the pain that comes with trusting your heart.And you suspect that he was partly doing this because he was suspecting you of having his kid. So you shouldn't let your heart believe this so fast. If you think the time was right, you could just tell him the truth about Yejoon without letting yourself fall for Namjoon.

But what if he really just wanted to start again?

Ah. Why did your life have to be so complicated?

You took the roses again and smelled it. For now, you wouldn't respond to him yet. You'll need more time to decide.

***

You had just arrived at your cubicle when you noticed another bouquet of white roses on your table. It has only been a week since you received your first set of roses.

Knowing who it was from, you felt the corner of your lips tugged up into a smile. You placed your bag down and took the envelope again.

"Is a week enough time for you to make up your mind? I know I'm asking too much, but please consider it. -KNJ"

You were feeling flustered again. How could he do this to you? Even his handwritten words were enough to make you feel fuzzy. But you still hadn't decided whether to agree or not on this 'starting over again' proposition. You were feeling brave enough to contemplate on accepting it, but you were still scared. What if he ended up thinking you were a mistake again? You couldn't deal with the same heart break twice. That would be too much.