10 Hot as Hell

I keep on going the distance
Time keeps on making me hate this
It was hot as hell, I still feel
As good as it was, I just couldn't take the distance

The Distance- Aly & AJ

"What do you know about Harris?" I ask Maria the next day as we're sitting in the kitchen of the second apartment with Heather and Tasha eating breakfast. I figure that if there is anything embarrassing about Harris, Maria would be most likely to know, since she's dating Aiden and he's the one who brought Harris in the first place.

"Um, I know that he lives in LA and studies music production," she says slowly, looking confused at my abrupt question. "Why?"

"I just feel like there's a power imbalance here because he always has something to tease me about, but I don't know anything embarrassing about him," I admit to her.

"Maybe you could find something on his Instagram? I'll send you his handle. He's kind of quiet, I don't really know that much about him. He's pretty close to Aiden, but I don't think he'd offer to help," Maria explains, pulling out her phone to send me a text so that I can snoop through Harris's Instagram, which I guess is a start.

"Why are you so interested in teasing Harris?" Heather asks me slowly as she nibbles on her breakfast muffin.

"I figure we'll probably be working together a lot on my music, so I just want to be ready with something the next time he gives me a hard time," I explain to her. There's also something so intimidating about the way that he's always so calm and collected, I'd love to figure out what would turn his cheeks red.

"We should prank him," Heather is quick to suggest with an excited smile spreading across her lips

"We should prank him," Heather is quick to suggest with an excited smile spreading across her lips. "Just something small, like a jump scare or something."

"That's a good idea," Maria agrees with a nod. "Just distract him for a little bit, we can set up a camera and a jump scare."

"You want me to distract him?" I repeat slowly. Although I do love the idea at getting some sweet revenge for all of the teasing he's done, I'm not sure that I'd be the best to act as the distraction. Until I remember one thing, "Actually, that could work. He said he wanted to help with my song production, so I could work on that with him and send a text when we're done."

"This will be so fun," Heather says, looking very mischievous and excited about this budding plan we're working up. "Okay, go get Harris and let us know when you're upstairs. Then text us when you're ready and bring him downstairs."

"Right now?" I wonder nervously. This is a very new idea and although a jump scare is easy to plan, I'd like more of a say in the planning so I know what to expect.

"We have to hurry, before Aiden gets home from Wells' place, or he'll tip him off," Maria stands from the table and starts nudging me towards the door. "We'll take care of it all."

"Okay," I leave the apartment to go to mine next door. I don't have very much faith in such a rushed plan without very much thought, but it'll be interesting to see how it goes.