14 Feels So Good

I think I like you, maybe more than I should
Hurts like heaven and it feels so, feels so
You do me better than any other love could
Hurts like heaven, and it feels so, feels so good
It feels so good

I Think I Like You- The Band Camino

Getting ready for the party tonight is a great way to get my mind off of Elliot and those lyrics I wrote about him. The apartment looks like a Sephora war zone after the girls are done with it, makeup spewing from every nook and cranny of the second floor as we scramble around to get ready.

As much as I can distance myself from how sad that song makes me, I cannot stop thinking about those little touches from Harris. First on my wrist, and then on my knee, and then how our arms brushed against each other when we were both sitting at the keyboard. I'm melting, but I don't want the girls to make it a big deal, so I don't tell any of them. I don't know what to make of those feelings yet, so I'm trying my best to keep them under control.

"I brought this out for you," Tasha tells me when it's time to put our outfits on. She has the red velvet dress draped over her arm that I vetoed when we went shopping on our first day in London. At the time, I said no because it's very short, looks like it'll be tight and low cut. It's definitely not my normal style.

"I don't know," I say slowly, thinking that maybe it not being my normal style isn't a terrible thing.

"What if Ovie is there?" Maria coos at me with a giggle as she's sliding on her well-fitted romper. Her thick dirty blonde hair cascades over her shoulders and she looks stunning. Which is normal for Maria; she always looks stunning.

I glance down the hallway toward Harris's closed bedroom door and even though he's not in there, I'm wondering what he would think if he saw me in this dress. I don't want to be thinking that, but I can't help it.

"Fine," I agree, taking the dress. "But not for Ovie. For myself." A half lie, but the independent feminist in me who usually dresses for herself and nobody else wants that to be true so badly. I'm not doing it for Ovie or me. I want to deny it so badly, but I know that I'm doing it for Harris.

The dress is more comfortable than it looks, but it does show a lot of cleavage and a lot of leg. After Heather creates long, delicate waves of brown hair around my shoulders, I look like a real influencer. A sexy, curvy, influencer. I'm impressed with myself and by the time we're supposed to meet the guys in the lobby, I don't really care what Harris thinks of my outfit. I feel sexy as hell. Especially with the strappy black heels that complete the look.

The party that we're going to is at a guy's house named Brett Becker and he's an Instagram influencer who has a large following on TikTok as well

The party that we're going to is at a guy's house named Brett Becker and he's an Instagram influencer who has a large following on TikTok as well. He and his influencer friends created a content house in this mansion and it feels surreal that I'm even invited to something so extravagant.

But the red velvet dress definitely makes me feel like I'll belong there.

In the lobby, the boys are already waiting for us after getting ready in the other apartment. Which probably included playing a lot of video games and recording TiktTok videos instead of the grueling process of getting ready the girls endured for hours.