Chapter 3- The Mask Dropped [New]

[Disclaimer: 2849 Words]

//Third Perspective//

"Atsushi-Kun since we are on the topic of the agency, then could you tell me what they are about?" Y/n suddenly asked.

On their way to the agency, Atsushi and Y/n started a conversation.

"I'll gladly do so but can I question why you are asking now?" Atsushi turned back to face Y/n.

The two halt their tracks for a second, Y/n stared blankly at Atsushi for a hot second before swinging his arm around the boy's shoulder.

"I'm just a bit curious all after all the agency had solved many cases that even the police can't do. it's honestly embarrassing really" Y/n chuckled as his hand covered his mouth.

Atsushi gently pushed his hand away, his face showed how uncomfortable he was with random people touching him.

However, Y/n seems to not understand and tilts his head in question.

"I'm not great with people touching me" Atsushi looked down as he nervously rubbed his arm in the discomfort with the topic.

Y/n smiled, " Well why didn't you say so, I would honestly respect your boundaries if you would have told me" 

"It's just I didn't want to talk about it" Atsushi went quiet, his eyes moved around looking in different directions. He was spaced out for a while before Y/n intervened.

*Click*

*Click*

*click*

"Huh?" Atsushi eventually snap back to reality and saw Y/n was still snapping his fingers in front of his face before retracting them back.

"Almost lost you there Sushi-Kun, now~ about the agency" Y/n had his arms on his side and he smiled as if nothing happened.

'He acts a lot like Dazai-san' Atsushi couldn't help to think that.

"Well they are kinda like a family to me, to be honest," Atsushi honestly told, he looked up and smiled softly.

Y/n leaned forward, "Oh?"

__________________________________

At the Armed Detective Agency building, everything was partially up to code and everyone was doing their own assigned things.

Everyone besides two exceptions, Dazai and Ranpo was doing their own business. With Ranpo just looking at the newspapers for any interesting cases.

While Dazai was looking at his phone and listening to music on his headphones not doing any work at all.

Kunikida was staring at him across the room on his desk, really agitated that Dazai had the nerve to just slack all day it took a lot to not just stand up and smack him.

However before he could do that, the door of the agency slammed open and a few members raised their heads and turned to the door.

"Atsushi! your back, got my snacks?" Ranpo asked, he stood from his desk and put the newspaper aside.

"Yeah, it was hard to find the snacks you liked" Atsushi gave him the plastic bag full of sweets and Ranpo yoink them before going back to his desk to eat.