Chapter 9- Joining The Agency? [New]

"Ever since the two spent the night together they started to act differently" 5 pointed out while making conversation with 4 who was just eating.

The two were currently at the kitchen counter, 5 sitting down while 4 were watching Y/n and Kyouka from the other side of the room.

"Yea boss was never really a big fan of kids wonder what happened" 4 commented.

"And Kyouka is starting to talk more than she usually would. When boss first introduced her I thought she would never talk" 5 told.

"Kyouka? Is that her name? I never really got her name" 

"Yeah, the boss told me when he and I were talking about her," 5 said.

"Huh"

...

"C'mon Kyouka~ you gotta join your ability would be perfect for this!" Y/n tried to convince Kyouka but she just declined.

"I don't understand you at all mister Y/n," Kyouka said with her usual dull tone.

"Hey! what did I say with those formalities" Y/n chastised Kyouka with his finger up like a mother scolding their child.

"That they are nothing but conventional rules that society makes and rules aren't fun" Kyouka repeated the words Y/n told her when they talked.

"Good" Y/n nodded approvingly seeming to be proud, he then pulled out of nowhere Fanta.

Kyouka saw from the corner of her eyes, a misty shadowed portal from behind Y/n before it disappeared without a trace.

"..." Kyouka did not notice she was staring when Y/n snap her out of it.

"Hey, what's with that look? I'm too pretty for you to even look at me?" Y/n chuckled at his comment.

"Is that your ability?" Kyouka promptly asked.

"Yep! Protection Space! It's an ability that lets me store anything inside a pocket dimension" Y/n chip as he explained more.

"I can also put people inside as well but don't tell them that" The last words he whispered leaving close to Kyouka's ears before retracting back.

He composed himself before continuing, "Also I have this cool shadowed beast that protects my stuff for me he's the protector of the pocket dimension you met him right?"

"You mean the misty shadow creature?" Kyouka titled her head in question.

"Yep! that's him or her or it, I don't really know the gender or even if they a gender exists for them" Y/n sidetracked a bit from the conversation.

"Anyways where were we? Ah! yes trying to convince you to join the agency" Y/n finally remembered what he wanted to do when he started the conversation.

"I used to be part of the port mafia and they are rivals with the port mafia" Kyouka reasoned.

"So?" Y/n looked to elaborate.

"I used to kill people, I don't deserve to work for people like them after what I've done" Kyouka looked down.

"Hey..." Y/n looked at Kyouka, "Don't say that, didn't you say it yourself? You wanted to help people and no longer kill more or was that just a lie?"

After the night the two had spent time together made Y/n learn lots of stuff about Kyouka and it was mostly the regret of her past actions when she was in the port mafia.

The girl still couldn't forgive herself for her past actions and would think of getting rid of herself in life to try and commend her past actions.

Thankfully Y/n every time snaps her out of it and convinces her to not think of herself that way and life would be better if she wouldn't die at a young age.