two birds meet

It is truly fascinating how much potential one person can have because of their mind.

Before I was given the opportunity to go to school, I was kept inside the house ever since I was born. I don't have any siblings, and my parents were too busy with work to give me what necessary things I needed as a child. There were two or three maids that worked for the house, though they never gave in to my desperate begging to play because they were given orders to never interact much with me in fear of having harm be done to me. I was pretty much deprived of everything a normal child shouldn't be deprived of.

The moment I was able to take a step out the house, I felt like a bird being freed from its cage. The sights that once seemed very far away were now closer to me than ever, I remember gawking at the buildings that looked very small from my windows when it turned out to be a hundred times bigger than me. I remember how the combined sounds of people, vehicles, and animals were new and overwhelming, but it gave me proof that they are alive and present. It was a whole new world for me.

After spending months in school, I was captivated by knowledge. I would consume every single information that would run out of my teachers' mouths, creating millions of thoughts and questions that I let run around my brain a little bit before storing it somewhere in the back. It was like that for a while, until I thought of one question that never left my mind ever since it came. Who made all of this? This then stemmed out more questions; who wrote the books? Who made music? Who created the buildings? Did all of this just appear out of nowhere? Or have they been here long before everyone was born? These were questions I wasn't afraid to ask my teacher. Thankfully, she gave me one quick answer. People.

The books were written by people, the music were sang by people, every single object that I see, if not made by nature, was made by people. It was the people who created what built this city. Discovering this made me think what can't people make?

The thought of people like me having the ability to create almost anything was what urged my brain to start creating multiple concepts and ideas, especially being a child with unlimited creativity, I gave myself a goal to think of the most unimaginable things and find a way for them to be possible. It is the potential of our minds that makes us the greatest, if I use it the same way a known inventor does, I might be able to make something revolutionary.

Exiting from the school gates one day, I stood and watched as some of my classmates ran to one direction together. Usually, they would scatter all around the place to walk to their homes, but this time it was different. What could they be up to? Out of curiosity, I followed.

I ended up somewhere I've never been before. I heard shouts from deep down, taking a few steps forward to take a peek over the edge, my eyes set on kids jumping and swimming  in the dark water, it seems to be polluted. I cringed at the thought of accidentally drinking it. Do they have any idea how risky this could be for their health?

Raising my head, my eyes widened, only noticing what breathtaking sight the place was, I took in the view with slightly opened mouth. The houses were filled with vines and mosses, cracks adorned their walls making them look as if they would break down any minute now. The waters, which at first I thought were disgusting, now stood out between the lands. The afternoon sunlight gave colors to the chemicals, showing its iridescence. It was beautiful, this place is beautiful.

For no reason other than curiousity, I slowly and carefully climbed down deeper into the sanctuary, making sure I wouldn't slide down with how steep the hills were. I wandered around, the kids that were swimming already took notice of me, staring for a few seconds before minding their own businesses. I crouched near the river to take a closer look. Judging from the amount of chemicals in it, I am assuming that this must be a part of Zaun.