shopping

"But the moment I brought up the pill, she suddenly excused herself and told me to leave. Ever since then, she just stopped showing up whenever I ask to see her! Tell me I'm not crazy for thinking it's suspicious, because it seemed to me like she was hiding something." Ica waves her arms around animatedly as she tells about her frequent visits to her mother's Reset factory.

Aelith was fixing her earrings in front of the mirror, her eyes half-closed. She hummed, looking to the upper left as she pretends to think before bringing her focus back to her reflection. "Yeah, definitely suspicious."

"Right? I knew I wasn't just imagining it. There must be something going on with the pill--"

"Here's your dress Ms. Deidamia." A saleslady approached them with a dress draped over her arm, which took all of Aelith's attention from herself. She made a delighted noise as she took it from the lady, muttering a small thank you. Beside her, Ica sits on a small couch, not even noticing the lady come and go.

"--Oh! This one time I heard the maids talking about Mr. Lambert, you know that big guy with the mustache?"

"Mhm." Aelith holds the dress in front of her body, admiring it in the mirror with a small smile on her face.

"So he was one of the people who bought the pill for billions, right? I heard that he had been very healthy since he took it, but! But just last month, apparently he vomited blood and collapsed. He's bedridden now."

The other girl's face scrunched up in disgust. "Vomited...blood?"

"Yeah, a lot of blood. Do you think it's the pill?"

Aelith shook her head while her eyes rolled, dismissing what Ica said with her hand. "I don't think so, that pill is basically perfect. My older brother got a lot stronger since he took it, and my father can go on for hours without his usual 7 cups of coffee. Maybe Mr. Lambert wasn't taking care of his body enough that he became too unhealthy for the pill to keep working on him."

Ica crossed her arms, watching the other girl pose with the dress. "I don't know...if it really is perfect, nothing would stop it from working."

"Just give Lambert another pill, that should keep him going again for the next few years." A voice spoke behind Ica. They both turned around to see Nelle with 4--no, 5 paper bags. He and Aelith exchanged smiles as Ica scooched to the side to give him space to sit on, Nelle placing the bags on her lap. "Here's what you asked for, uniform and shoes. I also bought two jackets since the cold season is coming. Also a school bag."

Ica nods her head as she checks if the items were complete, then gives him a smile when it was. "Thanks, Nelle."

"Don't mention it."

"I'm going to go pay for this, I'll be back." They both nod at Aelith.

As soon as Aelith's out of sight, Nelle leaned closer to whisper to the girl beside him. "Are you going to tell me who this friend is, though?"

"You'll meet him soon, don't worry."

This just made him squint his eyes at her. "Are you secretly dating someone we don't know?"

"No! He's just a friend!" She exclaimed, a bit too loud, that other costumers glanced at them. She gave them an apologetic smile.

He started snickering at her reaction, yelping when he received a slap on his arm.

"Stop teasing me. He's just a friend, and you guys know him already."

"We do?" He gasped. "Is it Kisma?"

Ica raised her eyebrow. "Who's Kisma?"

"KISMA ASS!!! OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH--"

"Sir! I will need you to get out of the store please."

Aelith met them in front of the store with a disapproving look on her face; her two embarrassing friends standing there with faces as red as a tomato, gasping for air like suffocating fishes as they wheeze out all the air from their lungs.

"I just can't leave you two alone, can I?"

Somehow she just made things worse. They both fell to the ground, laughing harder than before, receiving weird looks from the people around them. Aelith sighs, if they weren't her friends, she swore she would've left them there for the enforcers to scold.

-

Heeyyyy😁😁😁 *leans on the doorway pretending I didn't disappear for a month but fails*

ok....so last month I found out I was the first child of a mafia boss and I was gonna go visit him but then I fell on the ocean and then I learned I was also a mermaid??!! So I had to take care of the whole mermaid kingdom and we went to war against a bunch of dolphins but we lost bc I realized I had thalassophobia and they threw me back to land and I also had to do my exams and an animation project, so I didnt rlly have time to write a new chapter☹️☹️☹️

BUT WE GOT OUR VERY FIRST FANART AAAAVDHWKDOWKDBAKEO sobs cries slides down the wall THEY'RE SO CUTE

art by Ashneedsmilk  everyone clap and bow🙇🙇🙇🙇

sorry for the short chapter I'll make it up in the next one🏃🏃

here's Aelith and Nelle that I made from picrew