perfect friend

[rewritten]

-

"Hi Viktor! Woop-" I jumped to the ground, my bag almost making me lose balance because of how heavy it is. Viktor lifted his head from his task to greet me. "Good afternoon."

"Good afternoon! I'm glad you're okay, I was nervous the whole night thinking about you inside the cave. The cave just have this...really scary vibe, I thought it ate you the moment you went deeper inside. Anyways, look. I brought you snacks." I let my bag fall with a thud, I sat beside him and unclasped the closure to show the food that filled it, rummaging through it to show him what's inside. His eyebrows raised and his mouth opened from amazement after seeing the amount of food.

"Do you like pastries? I have some macarons- oh! Here's some leftover peanuts too. Do you like peanuts?"

He has his head tilted. "Yeah, I do."

I pulled the container from my bag and opened it, giving it to him with a grin. He put down the things he was holding and received it with a grateful smile, his eyes sparkling. "Thank you so much."

"You're welcome! What's that?" I motioned at the metal thing that he placed on the ground. He was already crunching on the peanuts before he spoke, "I don't know, I haven't figured out what to do with it yet."

"I see." I reverted my attention to my bag to take out the macarons. I took one out from its container and started eating it.

"Mmm. It's so good~" I squealed from the sweetness. "Here, you should try this too." I offered him one. He was chewing on the last piece of peanut already when he took the macaron and brought it to his mouth to eat. He made a delighted sound, I gave him the remaining pieces as he seemed to want more of it.

Since I was getting thirsty, I searched my bag for a specific drink.

"There you are." I muttered as I found the familiar yellow cap, I pulled the bottle out, finally letting my bag have its normal space back.

I could feel Viktor's eyes on me while I attempted to open the bottle with my bare hands.

"Hrrgg...hmmmrrgg...!" My palm felt like it was burning as I struggled with the cap. "Why is it so hard to open?" I tapped at the bottle aggressively, face red from holding my breath in while I forced to open it.

"Let me help you." He spoke, grabbing one of his tools and opened his palms to me, waiting for the bottle. I placed it on his hands, letting out a heavy sigh.

He used the tool's hand to wrap itself tightly around the cap, then twisted it. It took all the energy from him before it popped open.

"Haaaa...there you go." He wiped the sweat from his forehead, giving the opened bottle to me.

"Wow! Thank you!" I immediately drank the thick liquid, consuming half of it in one go. It wasn't warm anymore, but it doesn't matter much as it didn't change the taste and the flavor.

"No worries."

I gasped for air after quenching my thirst, then I shoved the bottle to his face, he leaned back so it wouldn't hit him.

"Thank you gift!"

He waved his hand to me. "You have already given me enough, you really don't have to..."

I cut him off, "Aww, come on. It's my favourite drink, I just want to share it with you. Plus, don't you need to drink after eating all that?" I pointed at the two empty containers between us.

He moved his head to the side shyly, "Well, if you insist." He grabbed it from my hand.

The moment he took the first gulp, his eyes widened. He pulled the bottle away from his mouth, licking his lips like he's savouring the taste. I've never seen a face brighten up the way his face did, he had a smile but his eyebrows furrowed upwards, like he's about to burst out crying.