Chapter 25

Sometimes we fall into a slump. There's even times when you know you are in one, but you just can't seem to find your way out of it.

Being in a slump is like being in a dark tunnel. It's pitch black and you can't see a thing, so it's impossible for you to get out. Though, you know there's a way out. You just need guidance. You need some sort of light.

So maybe that's what you need to get out of a slump. A light to guide you. Maybe it's a person. Whatever it may be, let it do it's job. Let it guide you back to a normal life. 

Let it guide you to safety.

Just don't ever push it away. Don't make them leave. It could be the biggest mistake if you do. You might not get out of your slump.

But what if you already have? 

Then what?

I appreciate all of you for waiting for this entry. I know it's been a while since I've done my column but life has gotten a tad bit rough lately. Thank you for you concern.

-Silent girl

~~~~~~~~~~~

I hit send and watched as my document was emailed to Cynthia. It's been almost four months since I've done my job and I'm grateful Cynthia gave me that. Though now it was time to get back to work.

I just had to to back to how life was. Going to Starbucks, writing my column back in the office, coming home and repeat. Maybe even forgive Scott. Life just needed to back to normal as possible. I'd been trying to lately but it's been tough.

"Okay, Ni. I'll call you later. Have a good dinner."

And that's why.

Carrie is a constant reminder of Harry. I'm glad for her being with Niall. Just her being here kept bringing back thoughts of Harry. And I needed to get over him.

"Bailey?"

My head turned to the door where Carrie had knocked. I frowned and rose from my spot on the bed, being careful to keep my laptop safe on it. I walked over to the door and undid the lock before pulling it open.

'Yeah?' I signed.

She shot me a grin. 

"Get your column in?"

I nodded.

"Great! Well, I submitted mine for today also. Though I need to go research for the next one."

I rolled my eyes. Carrie and her research include her going shopping and take a ton of pictures. Perks of being the fashion columnist she joked.

'You going now?' I asked.

She nodded and grabbed my wrist. 

"Yup! And you're going with!"

My eyes widened and I shook my head no.

"Oh yes you are! You haven't left this apartment, let alone you're room in months! You need to get out! It's getting colder out so lets stock up on winter clothes!"

I looked at the calendar in the kitchen where Carrie had dragged me. 

It was the start of November. 

It was crazy to think that Harry had been gone since July.

'I really don't want too.' I signed to her.

"You're going! Now slip on your shoes and lets go!" She laughed a bit as so shoved me towards a small shoe rack I had by the front door. I had on pink sweat pants and a long sleeve white shirt. I wasn't exactly looking nice enough to go out but I doubt Carrie will let me go change. I reached forward to grab a random pair of shoes but froze once they were in my hands. My eyes widened as I dropped the white TOMS I hadn't work since the date...