Chapter 28

"What's another word for sad?" I asked Sara.

She sat up from her laying position on the sofa and looked at me. I twisted in my small spot in our recliner chair.

"Why?" She asked curiously.

I shrugged, "I just need one."

Sara pursed her lips and pondered before finally giving me my answer.

"It depends. Are sad as in you're felling blue? Lonely? Empty? Or sad like disappointed? Or ashamed?"

I raked through my brain trying to think of which one fit best. Sara got up and walked over to me and looked down at the papers in my lap.

"How I feel? Is that for school?" She asked me. "Dang, kindergarten is getting serious."

I rolled my eyes and slapped her arms playfuly. "It's not for school! I was just doing it!"

Sara sat down on the arm of the chair and raised an eyebrow at me. 

"And where did you get this idea?"

I blushed guiltily and twiddled my tiny thumbs. 

"Uhm... I was watching Dr.Phil and he was discussing how to prevent depression and,"

Sara cut me off. "Depression? Bailey, you're not even old enough to go to the bathroom by yourself in public! Why are you worried about that?"

I gulped, "Never too early to start."

Sara rolled her eyes and took my papers.

"Hey!" I whined shooting up from my spot.

Sara stood up and walked over to the trash bin in the kitchen. "Bye bye papers!" She said before letting them fall into the bin, mixing with whatever stink was in there.

"Sara, those were mine!" I cried, giving her leg a shove.

She chuckled and picked me up. Which wasn't much of a difference since she was pretty short for her age and I was pretty tall for mine.

"Bailey, you don't need to start thinking about those things! If you think about them, then they'll come true! All you need to be worried about is what you want for lunch, what you'll be wearing to school on Monday, and possibly what you want for Christmas."

I grinned at her and threw my hands in the air. 

"Mac and Cheese, jeans and my pink hoodie with pink boots, and a karaoke machine!"

Sara tilted her head at me.

"Those are the answers to your questions!" I giggled.

Sara started laughing at me while she set me down. 

"We'll aren't you a smart cookie?"

Both of us fell into a fit of laughter while Sara went to start making me lunch.

~~~~

My eyes fluttered open and I was greeted by a ray of sunlight shining through my widow and right on my face. I propped myself up on my elbow and looked around my room.

Clothes were thrown all over the place, papers torn up, and my curtains laying on the ground next to my broken curtain rod.

I mentally groaned and collapsed back down on my bed. Memories of my temper tantrum last night after yelling at Carrie flooded my brain.

I hated when I acted out. It was all strictly a side effect of my disorders. My meds also gave me these wonderful side effects of frequent mood swings and so on.