Chapter 2

"Mm..Mm..Mute as in can't speak?" He asked Scott then glancing at me.

"Exactly, so while you were being a jerk demanding an apology... She did want to say sorry.. She just physically can't."

Harry stepped around Scott and was now in front of me. "Erm.. I really sorry. I probably shouldn't make assumptions. Can I buy you another..whatever you were drinking?"

I smiled and nodded yes.

"Okay, erm.. whatever she had please.. And a iced mocha coffee."

Hannah smiled and walked back to the counter and Scott glanced at me. "You sure about this? He can leave.." He signed to me.

I motioned for him to shoo, and then stood by Harry.

"Erm... Excuse me miss," Harry asked Hannah. She looked up at him. "Yes, hun?"

"Can you tell me her name.. I'm sorry I would ask you but I don't know sign language.." He said looking at me.

I shrugged and smiled. It was hard to believe just seconds ago he was about to turn into a British version of the Incredible Hulk.

"Her name is Bailey," Scott told him walking back to his work place.

"Bailey.. Nice to meet you, Bailey. Erm.. I'm Harry.. Uh.. You know who I am don't you..?"

I silently chuckled and nodded yes. I held up my finger indicating the number 1.

"One..?" He asked.

Then, not using the normal sign, I make the letter D with my hands.

"Oh! Yeah! I am in 1D. Hey, that's pretty cool actually!"

Cool? I've never heard anyone say being mute and having to talk through your hands was cool.

"Here you go, darlings," Hannah said placing his drink on the counter and then handing me another freshly made Tazo tea.

"So it was tea?" He asked picking up his cup.

I nodded, smile still on my face. I assumed our encounter was over so I started walking towards my seat. Though, Harry followed me. I stopped and turned around to face him and raised an eyebrow.

"Oh... Uh... Can I sit with you?" He asked, shyly.

I looked down and then back at him. I shrugged and motioned for him to sit.

I took my seat and put my shoulder bag on my chair. He sat in front of me and smiled.

"So, do you have..erm..paper you could write on so we could talk?"

Hey! That's an idea! I grabbed my notebook that was still on the table and flipped to a blank page on the back. I reached into my bag and grabbed a blue pen.

"That was a good idea." I wrote then showed him.

He smiled even more. "Great! So Bailey... What's your last name?"

I wrote down, "Miller."

"Oh. Well nice to meet you. And sorry for my attitude... I haven't been in the greatest mood," He said sorta lowering his voice as he finished his sentence.