Chapter 13 : The Beginning

Chloe landed on hard ground, banged her elbow on the cold concrete, the air smelled strong of gasoline and antiseptic. Struggling back to her feet, she found herself in a place all too familiar, a place she has buried deep so she wouldn't have to remember.

She followed the only light source to the center of the dirty workshop, and saw the very bed she laid on many years ago. The bed was loosely covered by a black plastic sheet, like the kind uses for garbage bags.

At the table stacked a few ice boxes. In trembling hands, Chloe reached to one of them, she unlocked the lid and took a look inside. She immediately turned away and vomit, the content was too horrified to bear.

She then turned to the bed, by the shape of the black plastic, she knew something was underneath, something horrible, something she didn't want to see, yet she couldn't resist.

She built up the courage to approach the bed, her heart pounding so hard she could hardly breathe, but she must look to make sure.

She gripped a corner of the plastic sheet and slowly pulled away, revealing what she had been dreaded all these years - an outcome of what could have happened, if she wasn't rescued that night.

"Oh My God!"

Her legs shook so bad she dropped to the floor, devastated by the poor young corpse, naked and hollow.

"You wanted this. Didn't you?" she heard herself saying.

Deep from the dark came footsteps, cold and hard, echoing through the chilling air. A pair of dance shoes stepped into the light, wore by her reflection, still in that golden dance costume, but this time it was longer and glittering. Her reflection looked more beautiful, but also more haunting, as if her beauty was feeding from Chloe's fear and sorrow.

The reflection leaned over the bed and studied the hollow corpse closely, her black eye-shadow spreading wide across her face like a pair of wings, her black lips broke into a hideous grin.

"You didn't even resist. You wanted it to end, because you couldn't handle the pressure."

"That's not true!" Chloe defended.

"But it was true! You wanted to quit dancing, but you were afraid you would disappoint your mother. You stayed in the show but you cried in bed every night!"

"No I didn't!"

"You left school that day before your mom came to pick you up. You skipped dance class and went wondering at the park. You wished you were never found!"

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP!!"

Chloe felt the words eating up her mind. Indeed she avoided her mother that day, went to the park where she played as a child, but hasn't been since she started dancing. That afternoon she sat on the swing, struggling whether to tell her mother she wanting to quit dancing. Her thought went so deep she wasn't aware of the kidnappers approaching.

"STOP IT! STOP IT! SHUT UP!!"

She launched in rage, throwing herself towards her reflection, pushed her across a table of surgical instruments. The reflection fought back, using her own momentum against her, threw Chloe over the bed. Chloe tumbled over the little girl's corpse, taking it as she fell over.

Pressed under the cold body, Chloe opened her eyes saw her own lifeless face, the organ traffickers even took away her eyes for the corneas, leaving only two empty eye-sockets staring back.

She pushed the body away in horror, it rolled and hit a metal rack, the body came alive and cried in pain.

"Ouch!!" Paige whined holding the back of her head. "Why did you do that??"