Chapter 14

Y/N POV

Dylan drives down intersect x. No music. No conversations. James was on the phone with Selena. Easy to say he wasn't phased in the slightest. As I watched the road my eyes drifted to sleep.

From what I can tell I was only out for about 3 hours. Everything I had planned doesn't actually happen until 2 so I guess I can make up an excuse for why I am not going.  I look over at Dylan. He doesn't look as angry as before. He sends a soft glance my way.

"Hey Dyl. Could you pull over?"

He pulls to the side of the interstate and puts the car in Park.

"What's up?"

"I think it's only fair if I drive because you have already taken us this far."

"I love that you think that, but if anything we could just crash at a motel or something. Just until you guys get some idea of where you guys actually plan on staying."

James spoke up, "We should go back to Texas."

"What are you talking about?" I said

"Texas was our home. We know everyone there. They know our story probably more than we do. All I'm saying is they can help us."

"James has a point, Y/n."

"Yeah I know. We can leave tomorrow morning, but first let's find the nearest motel."

We decided on Motel 6 in Anaheim with a combined suite. (2 rooms with a connected door.) James always wanted his own space so I just shared a room with Dylan.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do." James cracked.

"You've done everything at this point." My eyes rolled

"That's correct. So just don't do anything." His teeth gritted at Dylan.

"I will be waking you up at 9 am. They have a breakfast line, which I'm sure you wouldn't want to miss."

"You betcha. Night sis."

"Night Dingus." Dylan and I walk into our room.

"So do you want to take a shower first or should I?" I spoke, grabbing some clothes from my bag. Then turn around facing Dylan.

"This road trip was sort of a surprise to me so I don't have an extra pair of clothes to change into."

"But James does." I walk over to his room.

"Yo, you can't just walk in without knocking.  Y'know how rude that is?"

"Sorry. Dyl needs some clothes and you packed a lot. May I?" I cross My fingers and squint my eyes.

"Of course. Dylan is my bro. What's mine is his. Help yourself." He points to his luggage.

"Uh James. Why did you bring condoms?" I hold up the box.

"It's never a bad thing to be prepared."

"You didn't even know we were going to Texas!"

"Just because the odds were low doesn't mean they are zero. Stay on task. Clothes, then out. I have to call Selena."

"Lord have mercy, I'm getting them." I grab the clothes and walk back into my room. By walk I mean practically sprinting.

The shower is running and the door is closed. I knock lightly. "Hey Dyl, I got the clothes. I'll leave them out here if you want."

"Yeah, that's fine, thanks." I hear the water shut off and leave the clothes right outside the door.
A few moments later the door opens slowly. I smirk at the thought of seeing Dylan in a towel. And then just that happens. Dylan is standing before me in a towel that hangs at his waist.

His hair is soaked and the steam is rushing out of the bathroom behind him. My cheeks flush with heat and my heart races.

"Y/n, the clothes?"

I gaze at him for a moment and blink rapidly before I utter," behind you."

"Thanks again." He walks back into the bathroom. Weirdly he doesn't even close the door. It would be rude to try to sneak a peek but curiosity takes over.

I get a couple of glimpses of his bare chest and muscles but that's about it  before I stop myself.

"No need to thank me. James always over packs. So direct every ounce of gratitude to him."
Dylan turns off the light and heads over to the bed.

"Yeah I'll thank him in the morning but I wasn't talking about that." He lays next to me.

"Then what are you talking about?" I smile up at him

"Thank you for making my life more interesting. Before you, times seemed simple. But with you, it's always complicated." A frown hugs at my lips, Dylan grabs one of my hands. "I didn't mean it like that." he reassures me, "I like complicated things. I have a new found purpose with you."

I'm speechless.