Part 17

Y/N POV

"Be ready at 8. No later."

The words repeat in my head. I smile as I watch him walk away. He doesn't turn around. I turn around, I'm red, I'm blushing.

This is it we are going on a date. Or at least I hope so. I pick up my phone. It is ringing.

"Hello?" Dylan speaks in a sing-song tone.

"You can't do that."

"Do what?"

"You can't just give me orders without giving me information. Are we going on a date?" I sigh.

"I can't tell you that."

"What can you tell me?"

"Dress nice."

He hangs up the phone. Speechless. He has some nerve. I thought about not going on the date at all just to get back at him but I've waited for this so long, I could never deny myself the opportunity.

I scan my closet for something nice to wear. My eyes instantly fall on this navy blue silk dress. In the same instant, the outfit all comes together in my head. That dress with my silver heels all tied together with my dangling diamond earrings and maybe a few more diamond accessories, I'll leave Dylan speechless.

Over the next few hours, I will be showering, shaving, and doing a complete make-over.

Shaved. Check.

Showered. Check.

Hair. dried and styled. Check and Check.

Makeup. Check.

Jewelry. Check.
Heels. On.
Dress. On.

I'm ready. I'm hot. Maybe I should date myself. No, I'll date Dylan. Imagine waking up and dating me, I would consider myself blessed.

7:52 pm

The next few 8 minutes feel like torture.

I'm so bored.

"100 bottles of beer on the wall. 100 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass it around 99 bottles of beer on the wall."

B

O

R

E

D

75 bottles of beer later. "24 bottles of beer on the wall. 24 bottles of beer. Take one down pass it around-"

I hear a knock at the door and I start to sprint down the stairs. Heels, can't run in heels. I take them off. I sprint down the stairs. James is there. Dylan is there. Mom is there. I walk down the stairs.

Dylan is wearing a black and white tux. His hair is a little ruffled up but I like it.

"What's going on?" I raise a brow. Dylan removes his hands from behind his back and holds out a bouquet of white roses.

"Y/n would you do me the honor of going on this date with me?"

"I knew it was a date. Yes, bubs I would be delighted to go on this date with you." I reach the bottom of the steps and place a kiss on his lips. My mom takes a picture of it. "Please tell me you're not making another scrapbook."

"I am not making another scrapbook. I'm also not not lying." she smiles.

"Oh god, we're leaving." I pull Dylan. He pulls back.

"It's nice of your mother to take pictures. We can always look back on them in the future. Just 5 more and then we can leave."

"5 Mom. That's it."

1 photo of James, Dylan, and I.

1 photo of Dylan and I holding hands.

1 photo of Dylan kissing me on the cheek.

1 photo of James and I doing a handshake.

1 photo of James and Dylan holding each other like Jack and Rose from the titanic.

James walks us out the door but only out the door, he stands there smiling. Weird. Dylan walked us to his car, he started patting his body down.

"I can't find my keys." He turns around to face my brother, "Yo, James have you seen my keys?"

James walks back into the house and shouts back, "Yeah man. Catch!"

The keys fall on the ground. Dylan looks over at me and takes a step back.

"You chose to be stubborn today. I'm in a dress Dylan." I say groaning. He glances back at me and then the keys. "Fine, I'll get it I guess." I grab the bottom of my dress from the back to make sure no one sees a free show.

When I'm bending down I can feel Dylan looking at me. I peak my head around my body at an angle. I glance at him.

"Sorry Y/n just admiring the view." He winks. I stand up and glare at him. "Sorry. But since you won't allow me to admire your view, your heavenly view might I add, then how about you join me on this one."

He takes a few steps forward and stands directly behind me covering my eyes. "Don't worry gorgeous, you're gonna love this."

We wait a couple of seconds when I hear another vehicle approach us. I start to get anxious.

"I swear Dylan if this is some kind of joke and you're trying to kidnap me I'm gonna-" He removes his hands. "You didn't!"