4

Rome

I knocked on the door and heard him tell me to come in.

"Hey you wanted to see me?"

"Yeah how'd it go?"

"They're dead and we fought" I shrugged "Good I guess"

"You what?" He said half laughing

"No it was agreed upon by both parties. I think. I don't know we played around I guess"

"You played while you were on a job?" He rubbed his forehead "Rome you could've got caught"

"When have I ever got caught?"

"Rome that's not the point" he threw some pictures across his desk "You got caught. By me, luckily. What the hell were you thinking?"

I looked at the pictures of me and Magnus. Him holding me against the desk my legs wrapped around him. When he sucked on my neck.

I threw the photos back on his desk "Out of context. Clearly. If you're the one who caught me then you seen what happened"

"Rome Magnus has an interest in you. You see that. That man does not think he takes." He shook his head "What did I teach you?"

"Intellect, Strategic, Knowledge"

He nodded his head "What do you know about what he wants from you?"

"He wants me. He told me I'd be a beautiful Widow"

"Do you know if he has a plan?"

"He asked me if I wanted to go to dinner to discuss business"

"How well do you know him?" I was about to answer "You don't. 2 out of 3 is failure Rome. You really think you can handle that?"

"If you let me go to the dinner I can find out"

He sighed looking at me "Julian knows everything. Everything Rome. We need the least damaging situation to keep up our reputation. Understand?"

"I know. We kill him. We're not loyal. We hire somebody they're a risk. Divorce makes us look weak. Like we don't value family." I repeated what he drilled in my head for the pass year and a half. "If we find a way to get rid of him and-" I stopped myself from talking "I just I'm tired dad. I'll take any out I can. I'm 21 and miserable. I just wish I never been so stupid"

"You were young and in love." He shrugged "Nothings wrong with that. You are many things Rome, stupid isn't one of them. Go to the dinner. Find out what you can and be discreet. You're more of my second in command then Julian is." He slid a paper across the desk "That's his number. Dinner will be tomorrow at 8. We'll have a meeting in the morning saying I'll be sending you and Julian to look over the contract of our new agreement" he handed me the yellow envelope "Magnus is a smart man. He'll read between the lines"

"Dad-"

"Do not sign that control until you are sure you understand me? I'm not taking you from a manipulative monster to hand you to the devil"

"What are you talking ab-"

He waved the photos around "I know my daughter"

"I stabbed him" I deadpanned

He looked at me smiling and shaking his head "Goodnight Rome"

I stood up and went over to his desk giving him a hug "Night daddy. Thank you"

"Just make the right choice Rome. I hate this as much as you do. I wish you could've been more like Romeo but" he shrugged and I laughed

"I'm bad at normal"

"Yes you are. Pick pocketing a mobster"

"Best decision ever" I hugged him tighter.

I went into my room and locked the door. I made sure Julian wasn't in here before I called Magnus. I was going to text him but I secretly wanted to hear his rough Russian voice.

The phone rung and he answered it on the second ring. "Magnus" I said

"moya prekrasnaya boginya eto ty?" (My beautiful goddess is that you?)

"Dinner tomorrow at 8. My husband will be joining. We will be discussing my dad and yours new contract"

"Does it involve you becoming mine also?"

"You don't think it's disrespectful wanting another man's wife?"

"I'll gladly be disrespectful if it involves even just looking at you goddess. You are truly a sight."

My body got hot and I clenched my fist "2 days after the dinner I want you to meet me at Nero Tomb at midnight"

"Sounds romantic. Should I bring a body. We could play again?"

"Don't you have a mafia to run?"

"I have that under control beautiful. Should I bring a gun for your husband tomorrow? Or a knife in your case"

"Dammit Magnus"

"Are you feeling a little needy goddess?"

"No. No I'm not"

"Lie again and I'll climb through your window"

I went over looking out my window. It was faced towards the woods but I seen him clear as day leaning up against a tree

"Magnus-"

"How long has it been since you first met me?"

"2 days"

"One little fight with me and you feel more for me then you do that pathetic excuse of a husband huh?"

I shook my head still looking at his figure. He took a step closer "Even if I entertained this idea that your pitching. It's still wrong. No matter what he does I believe In not breaking my vows"

"Bend them then" he laughed "Come down here and talk to me"

"You'll see me tomorrow Magnus"

"Wear something white. You'll look breathtaking with it against your beautiful skin"

"And if I don't?"

"I'll stab you"

"Such violence Mr.Levin"

"Like you aren't?"

"I'm not. I do my job and move on"

"You bury that violence don't you? Listening to daddy huh?"

"My dad is a smart man."

"He is. The smartest man I've ever worked with, but you want more. You crave more. I saw it in those beautiful eyes"

"I'm going to bed. Goodnight Mr.Levin"

"Goodnight goddess. Dream about me"

"Ill have wonderful dreams about torturing you. Then your little crush will go away" I hung up the phone and waved out my window.

Sexy insane man.

I'm not falling for that shit again. I can't. Julian destroyed me. I'll find another way before I sign that contract.

 I'll find another way before I sign that contract

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.