21

Rome

As soon as Julian left me and my dad rushed to the hospital I was shaking and crying to the point I was making myself sick.

"He's gonna be okay. You know how many times that mans been shot?" I nodded my head and he patted my leg.

We got to the hospital and I almost broke my leg getting out the car. I seen Oskar and I ran up to him crying. He hugged me and was rubbing my back.

"What-Where is he? Who did that!"

"I'm having everyone looking into it now goddess. They still have him in surgery. Go with Nadia, change and get some food-"

"No! I want to see him" I started walking away and he grabbed me

"Rome I know you're upset, but if you stay in that dress you're gonna be cold and uncomfortable. Then you're gonna be cold, hungry and uncomfortable. Go" he nodded his head

Nadia put her arm around my shoulder and guided me to the car. She helped me in and I was crying so hard I couldn't see.

"Daddy found me on a farm. Daddy and Magnus were tryna steal some of my bubbas horses. I went out there with my bubbas shotgun, cause nobody was home," she chuckled "Blew right past Magnus head." I looked at her trying to figure out the point of her telling me this "Anyway he shot me in the chest" she pulled her top down showing me "and Daddy shot him. In the chest" she looked over at me "I've seen Magnus get shot in the stomach, chest, ass, you name it I have seen it. Daddy too. The Levin men are stubborn men. Especially when they love somebody. He'll be fine goddess. He always is" she grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"Thank you" I said hiccuping "I been a real dry bitch to you all night"

"With good reason. I wouldn't wish your situation on my worst enemy. Daddy hasn't told me much about it but I can read between the lines"

We pulled up to a Walmart and got out. Everyone was looking at us crazy and we just ignored them.

"I never had a girl friend before" she looked at me "I mean a friend that's-"

"I know what you mean. I'm confused why not though?"

"Just been me and my brother always. Until my dad found us. Or I found him."

"You found him to work for him?"

I chuckled "Oh no. I used to pick pocket and I didn't know who he was so I got him. Got him good. I was almost out his sight then he caught me. Brought me and my brother to Italy and gave us a good life"

"That's where you met your husband?"

"Yup, I was 14 when I started crushing on him. He was 22. A mess. I used to mess up on purpose to spend extra time training with him" I chuckled "I thought he was it for me. I got that feeling with him you know?"

"What happened?"

"I just didn't know the real him. I was young and in love"

"I hope you don't mind me asking but do you feel about Magnus how you used to feel about your husband"

"Definitely not"

"Oh" she sounded sad

I looked up from the rack to her "What me and Magnus have is something that I can't even compare to me and my husband. Magnus gives me life, he makes me feel, sure, delicate, like a goddess. I don't doubt him and I never will. Magnus is my... he's my-"

"He's your person!"

"What?" I said confused

"Daddy's my person. You know like off greys anatomy"

"Who?"

Her face dropped "We've got a lot of work to do with you"

We changed clothes and went back to the hospital. Oskar came up kissing Nadia and giving me a hug.

"Is he out of surgery?"

"They're still working on him goddess"

"It's been hours Oskar" I started crying again

"You gotta be patient baby girl" I felt my dad hugging me. "He'll be okay"

"Family of Magnus Levin?"

We all went up and a woman I didn't notice before came up with us. "Is he okay?" She asked

"No vital organs were hit were just waiting for him to wake up. Give him a few hours"

"Can we see him?" I asked

"Family only-"

I looked at him and was about to say something but Oskar pushed the doctor back "She is family, get the fuck out the way before I blow your face off"

I sat out in the hallways letting Oskar and Nadia go in first.

"I'm gonna go get some coffee and call Julian." My dad kissed my head and I nodded

"You're the infamous goddess that has my sons wrapped around their fingers" she said nasty

"Listen lady. I am not in the mood for the whole my son speech. When he's awake and better then we can do that" I said irritated

Oskar came out with Nadia "He's not up but you can go in"

I looked at his mom and she got up going in the room. I seen my dad coming and I got up. I caught a glimpse of Magnus and seen him with with tubes in his mouth and his head wrapped up.

"Rome-" my dad handed me a coffee

"Why the fuck is his head wrapped up?" I looked at Oskar.

"He got grazed"

"Grazed? Oh" I started laughing and looked at my dad "He got grazed" I shrugged "You didn't think to tell me?!" I went in my pocket and shoved my phone in his hand "Fuck you!"

I started walking away and felt a small hand grab me and knew it was Nadia "Goddess wait-"

I pulled away from her "Dont call me that! Get off me"

My dad came up wrapping his arms around my shoulder "Rome calm down"

"Calm down? Calm down! My man is in the damn hospital with a bullet wound in his chest and a fucking graze head wound" I chuckled "I give up. I can never be happy"

Pull the dick out sir