5

Rome

I felt the bed dip and arms wrap around me "I told you-" I smelt Julians body wash "Hell no" I flipped on the light seeing my husband in my bed "Get the hell out Julian"

"Rome, I need you. My-my moms in the hospital" I took a look at him and seen his face red and swollen. He had been crying.

"What-What happened?"

Mamma Conti was a spicy Italian mamma that was upfront and in your face. She taught me how to be a strong woman in the mafia. How to walk in heels. How to keep my head high. How to do make up. Hell she helped me get ready for my first date with her son. She was important to me.

"Heart Attack, they're still working on her"

"We can go see her tomorrow. We could go now" I started to get out the bed but he pulled me back

"Just-I just need you to hold me until I get a call"

I laid back and reluctantly let him lay his head on my stomach. He started rubbing circles on my side with his thumb then he placed a kiss on my stomach, then above my panties and I stopped him.

"No Julian. You know the answer is No"

"I want my wife back. Please"

I shook my head looking away from him "You want me back until the next pretty skirt. Then you break my heart again. I am not, going through that again"

"So you'll never take me back? I need you Rome. I slip up I'm sorry. We can renew our vows. Take a honeymoon just me and you. Babies. Everything you want"

"I've taken you back enough times. But not this time. How would you feel if I 'slip up' huh?" I looked down at him and pushed him off of me "You can't do this Julian. You gotta get out. Now"

He got in between my legs and pulled my leg up rubbing up and down. His other hand rubbed my other side. He started kissing the top of my breast and my neck "I miss you Rome. I promise I'll never look at another woman again" he smashed his lips against mine and we started kissing. "I love you Rome. So much" he placed kisses across my chest, neck then back to my lips.

I broke the kiss looking at him "I love you too Julian" I started crying and he wiped my tears "But I love me more."

I pushed him off of me and left out the room and went to my dads. He was up watching girlfriends but quickly turned the channel when he seen me.

"Rome?" He patted the bed and I got in the bed crying "Love is an evil thing baby girl" he kissed my head "You'll be okay"

Rome's Outfit

I pulled up to the hospital and went to mamma Conti room

I pulled up to the hospital and went to mamma Conti room. I knocked on the door then walked in.

She was sitting up watching Maury shaking her head. "She know damn well that ain't her baby"

I giggled and she looked over at me "Hey mamma" I sat the flowers in the window then sat in the chair next to her bed "How you feeling?"

"Better. Just ready to get out of here. Nothing on this damn tv and the food is horrible"

"Well I need you to get better first" I rubbed her arm. The door opened and Julian came in. He came over giving me a kiss and I smiled "Hey baby"

"Hey gorgeous" he smiled down at me then looked at his mom "What they saying?"

"Said they gone put a stent in me"

I sighed "Well have to get you a aide and nurse when you get released. I can relax on jobs and come-"

"Rome relax she can just move back in with us"

I looked up at him with angry eyes but quickly covered it up "You know how mamma is. She needs her space"

"Rome's right. I hated being in that damn house with your father. I'll rather be caught dead then to move back there"

"Consider yourself dead then ma" Julian said.

She rolled her eyes "I'm your mother. What I say goes. I ain't going back to that house Julian!" I touched her arm and smiled softly at her.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to go back to the house the man I was in love with died in.

"You look beautiful Rome. It's nice not seeing you in all that black"

"My dad called a meeting in a few hours. Just felt like getting dolled up" I chuckled

"You're gonna run that mafia one day. I can see it now. Ricardo did a wonderful job raising you" she smiled and patted my hand.

"He did. Few flaws but did a good job" I looked at Julian.

"Everything you need is that packet I handed you about the extension of our alliance with the Russians." I looked over at my dad who nodded for me to continue "Please read over that. I will know and if you haven't I'll make you kneel in glass. Seriously."

I sat down and my dad stood up "Rome and Julian will meet with Magnus and Oskar today for dinner to further discuss and make a few adjustments. Placements on the docks will change so be ready for that. Next week, Rome and I will be heading to America to meet with Alexander and Adriel. We'll be gone 3 days max. I expect everything to run smoothly as usually. Dismissed"

I looked at the time and it was 7:15 "We should go" I said to Julian. I leaned over giving my dad a hug and felt him slip something in my pocket.

"Please return in one piece. That man is unpredictable"

Julian chuckled "More like psychopath" Then walked out.

"Exactly" my dad said then looked at the food then me. "Don't do anything until you're sure Rome Ferrari"

I nodded my head "I promise."