Wyoming Winter - Chapter Twelve

"He's taking our beds." Belinda screamed. She and her twin had wrapped themselves around the bed post, and were refusing to let go.

Sam tried to pull the child loose, "Come on, Bel, you know they have to take the beds. You're getting new beds at the new house, remember?"

"I don't want a new bed," Jennifer screamed, "I want my bed. I don't want to go."

Sam sighed, "Come on, girls. Uncle Erick will be home with the new truck soon. Then we can go to the hotel. Remember, its the one with the water slide."

The girls released the bed, "Water slide? I want to be first." Belinda cried, jumping up and down.

"Well, unless you let these guys finish taking the rest of the furniture, we aren't going anywhere." Sam pointed towards the stairs, "Go downstairs, and finish sorting those toys in the living room."

The girls hurried out the door, and Sam gave the movers an apologetic smile before getting out of their way. Erick had taken Gloria and Sandra with him to the dealership where he hoped to finally purchase a vehicle he felt would be both big enough and strong enough for the family.

Hearing a high pitched feminine voice downstairs, Sam stifled a groan. Chloe Miller was supposed to have left the day after court, but here it was three days later, and she was still here. Jogging down the stairs, Sam found the twins sitting on the floor watching the other woman make two dolls kiss.

With a roll of her eyes, Sam jerked the toys from the other woman's hands and tossed them in the toy box, "They are supposed to be sorting the toys, Chloe, not playing with them. I thought you were going to wait at the hotel."

Chloe had driven Erick, and the girls to the dealership. Sam had hoped she wouldn't see the other woman for a few hours. "I decided to come back and help my girls pack."

"What did I tell you about that?" Sam ground out through clenched teeth.

"Sorry," Chloe said without a hint of regret, "THE girls."

"Bitch, Erick ain't here to save you this time. Keep your mouth in check or I'll check it for you."

"I can't wait until we get home, and you can go do your thing while Erick and I settle in..."

Having enough, Sam took a step towards the woman with her fist raised. Chloe gasped, and ran towards the door. "You better run, you fucking bitch."

"Saaammm," Belinda whined, "Uncle Erick said you aren't supposed to chase Chloe. It isn't nice."

"Then Uncle Erick needs to get the bitch away from me." Sam peeked into the two portable play pens she'd set up in the empty kitchen where David and Heather were napping.

The moving crew were moving the bunk beds out the front door. They'd already cleared out the furniture downstairs, and were now taking the last of the few pieces left upstairs. Since Ray had built the cribs, they were keeping those, as well as Sandra's bed, but the rest was being donated to a local charity. Outside, Sam's truck, along with an enclosed trailer, was loaded with boxes and the few pieces of furniture they were keeping. After purchasing the new vehicle, Erick would also purchase a horse trailer which would be used to haul Ray's horses back to Wyoming.

Sam's phone dinged a message. Pulling it out, she sighed, "Okay, Uncle will be here in a few minutes. You two about done?" She sat on the floor beside the girls, and helped them finish packing the last of their toys into a cardboard box. Carrying the box outside, she stowed it in the trailer as a bright red Ford Expedition SUV pulled into the driveway.

Gloria opened the back door with a big grin, "Look, Sam, do you see what we got?"

"I see." Sam answered.