Uriel

The Angel Of Death, Guardian of Souls

Name: Uriel

Age: Unclear, but thousands of years old, at the very least.

Species: Angel

Appearance:

Dark, tanned skin, sandy-colored hair

Dark, tanned skin, sandy-colored hair. Bro's tall, standing at 7 feet, nine inches. Yellow eyes

Backstory: Uriel was only an angel for a few weeks after his creation, after which he was pushed towards the position of Guardian of Souls.
He accepted this job, thinking mainly of how important it was in the afterlife, but he was never able to rejoin his angel brethren and blend in with him. His scars, caused from the monsters that he defended the sould from, and his demeanor made him an outcast, and so he isolated himself in his work.
It has been centuries since he has last spoken to a vouce other than the souls he guides.

Personality: Cold and aloof. He tries to keep a safe distance from people. When he first began working, he was very kind and generous to all he met, but the recently deceased were very cruel and were angry at him for ending their lives too soon, so he became cynical of people after a decade or so. Seems almost emotionless, but in reality is just trying to keep himself from connecting to anyone.

General information
-Can't talk through his mouth because his vocal chords are too damaged. Instead, he talks telepathically, if ever.
-Immortal. Cannot be injured, except by the monsters in the Between
-The Between is the land between Heaven and Hell. It is full of dangerous creatures that eat the souls of the recently deceased. This is where Uriel comes in. He uses a long scythe to shepherd the souls, and keep the monsters at Bay until the souls are delivered to either heaven, or hell.
-The ratty green scarf he wears is very sentimental, and he is protective of it. A small girl he guided to the afterlife decided that he needed it more than her (there's a whole sad story behind this somewhat wholesome moment, but I'm too lazy to write it all out).
-Uriel doesn't actually kill anyone. There are other angels whose jobs are to extract the souls from humans whose times in earth have expired. The souls automatically teleport to the Between at midnight, and Uriel takes over from there.