Chapter 7: Back In The Game

*previous chapter*

Me and Ji-yeong chatted more and more until the clock ticks to 11:30 pm. We said our goodbyes and we seperated ways.

I waited patiently, then a van stopped right in front of me. The door slid open and I went in.

Here we go... I said in my head and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*present chapter*

Y/n's POV;

I woke up when a classical music started playing. I'm here.

I quickly stood up from my bed and looked around. Then someone covered my eyes from behind. "Guess who?" she giggled.

I laughed "I could recognize that voice from a mile away" I turned around seeing a grinning girl in front of me.

"Ji-yeong!" I hugged her. "Hey, you said my name after seeing me. Meaning you didn't know who it was" she pouted.

"Of course I did" I said hugging her tightly. "Can I breathe now?" she chuckled. Once I let her go, something, well, more like 'someone' caught my eye.

I saw Sae-Byeok shook hands with that creepy snake tattoo guy. What the hell? Is she teaming up with him?

Ji-yeong followed my gaze. "Is it player 067?" I looked at her. "What?" I asked with wide eyes.

"Do you guys like, know each other? Or are you guys...?" she asked.

"W-what!? N-no!" I stuttered and she just smiled. "Well, we were friends in 6th grade..." I admitted. She looked at me with a 'tell me more' face.

I sighed and I was just about to tell her my story when the AI interrupted me. "Please form a line. Your dinner will be served soon. I repeat..." she said as she repeated it again and again.

Ji-yeong pulled me and we both went to get our food.

I felt my cheeks heat up. I don't know if it's because Ji-yeong is now hugging my arm or because someone was staring at us.

Once we were on the line, I didn't even look back nor hear anything from the person behind me but I just knew who it was.

I didn't know if I should apologise about what I said. But seeing her team up with the snake tattoo guy scares me. Out of all the people in here, she really chose the guy that beat her up?

I was going to turn around and ask her why she teamed up with him and maybe also apologise but Ji-yeong handed me a bento box.

"Here" she said handing it to me. "Thanks" I smiled and we both went back to my bed.

"So, about-" someone cut me off. "Y/n!" said a man and I turned my head. "Who's that?" asked Ji-yeong, pointing at the man walking towards us.

"That's the man I told you about, who pointed a lighter gun at me" I said and she chuckled. "Hey Gi-hun" I said and he just smiled.

"You came back, huh?" he asked. "Of course, so did you" I said and he chuckled. "I need that money" he pointed at the piggy bank.

"Is she your girlfriend?" he asked still having that grin on his face."God Gi-hun, you have to stop calling every person I meet 'my girlfriend'" I rolled my eyes playfully.