Chapter 12: Marbles Part 2 (Sae's POV)

*previous chapter*

She let go of me, and I followed the other guard while she follows the other. "L/n Y/n!" she yelled my name and I stopped walking. "Thank you again... and make sure to visit Miss (Street food woman) when you win the games!"

*gunshot* I flinched and continued sobbing.

"Player 240, eliminated"
....
"Player 199, eliminated"
...
"Player 001, eliminated"
...
"Player 067, pass"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*present chapter*

(this chapter is about Sae's POV during the marble game)

Sae Byeok's POV;

"Uh, hold on a second" I heard Gi-hun say. I stopped and turn my head to him. "Why? You want a girl?" I said with a serious straight face. He stayed silent.

Huh, that's what I thought.

I continued walking then bumped into someone. "Oh, I'm so sorry" he apologized. I look at his number, 076. Then looked back at him.

He's cute. Not gonna lie... but I like you know.. anyways...

"Uhm..." he hummed. "Do you have a partner?". I raised my eyebrows and shook my head. "No". He grinned and offers his hand to shake. "Well, then...?".

I hesitated at first, but I looked at the clock and saw that we don't have much time left. So we shook hands and went to the door, waiting for it to be opened.

*time skip*

The time was up and since one of the players died there will be one player without a partner. Mi-nyeo begged the other players to be their partner but no one wanted to.

The guards took her away while we followed the other guards to the next game room.

They opened the door, revealing a place that looks like an old neighbourhood. There were houses and streets and you name it.

After announcing what we gotta do, a guard approached me and player 076. We both followed him and he brought us to a backyard of one of the houses.

We stood there and he gave us both a small bag of marbles. We counted and like they said, 10 pieces.

"In this game, using your set of ten marbles, you will play the game of your choice with your partner".

"The player who manages to take all ten marbles from their partner wins. You will have thirty minutes for this game. Let the game begin".

What? Excuse me?

I turned to player 076 and he looked just as shocked as I am. The timer started and everyone played their own game.

"So uh..." he sat on the bench. "How do you want to play...?" he said looking at his bag of marbles. "I don't know" I answered, not taking off my serious face.

"Why did you join the games?" I asked and he looked up at me. "I.. uh..." he sighed. "I ran away...". I frowned.