Chapter 9: Tug-of-War

*previous chapter*

Sae-Byeok turned around and sees 040 holding the knife in front of him while running in her direction.

She stood up and gasped. "agh" was all she could let out before falling on the ground with 040 on top of her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*present chapter*

Y/n's POV;

"No..." I said before passing out.

*time skip*
(yk what happens, il-nam tells them to stop n shit so ill skip time :) )

"No! What are you doing?! She's still alive!" I heard someone yell while I feel someone pick me up.

"Y/n! Y/n wake up!" said the guy. I opened my eyes slowly and I see Gi-hun sigh in relief.

"See?" he said to the guards that were carrying me. The guards then put me down on the ground.

"Are you okay?" he asked. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little dizzy" I answered.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you, we were so worried about the old man and I forgot about you and Ji-yeong" he said pointing at Ji-yeong who is peacefully sleeping on the bed. "But luckily 067 was there to save you" he said.

I froze. I remembered seeing her get stabbed by 040. I stood up and looked around. I couldn't see her. The guards were everywhere, carrying dead bodies to the coffins.

"Y/n she's fine, don't worry" Gi-hun said. I turned to him then he stepped to the side, revealing Sae-Byeok who is leaning on one of the beds.

I walked to her and she turned to me. "Are you-" "What the hell was that?!" I screamed, cutting her off. She frowned. "What the hell was what?"

I scoffed. "Why did you do that?! Goddammit Sae! I didn't ask for your help! You shouldn't have done that! You got lucky it wasn't you who got stabbed! What if it was you? Huh?! You think I'll be happy?! Knowing that you fucking let yourself get stabbed just because you want to play the hero trying to save me?!" I yelled at her, causing everyone to look at our direction.

She looked at me in disbelief. "Wha- why the hell are you still mad?! 'playing hero' huh?! You should be happy I still saved you! Instead of complaining! And do you think I would be happy if that idiot killed you?!"

"Guys-" said Gi-hun but I cut him off. "I didn't ask you to save me! I could've just handled it myself! And I didn't say you'd be happy! Why do you even care?!"

"Woah, 'handle it myself' huh? Because from my point of view, you looked like someone who gets thrown around easily and doesn't even care about what the hell is happening" she paused. "I just don't understand why-"

"You wanna know why?! Because like I fucking said! I. Don't. Need. Your. Help. So you don't have to help me or care about me and shit cause I don't need it! Specially not from you!" I said.

"I don't know what the fuck I did to make you hate me this much-" she looked straight to my eyes.

"Oh? 'You don't know'?!" I chuckled. "Fuck, she doesn't know..." I said laughing sarcastically.

"Y/n, what happened in the past, happened in the past. You have to move on. I can't believe you're still not over that-" she said calming down.

"Over what? Huh?! Do you really think I'll forget everything that easily?! Where were you when I needed you?! I trusted you! And this? This is what I get?! You were the only person I had and yet you still dared to betray me like I'm nothing!" I paused. Wiping my tears off. "I thought... I thought I could trust you, I-"