Chapter 11: Marbles Part 1 (y/n's POV)

*previous chapter*

Ji-yeong then nudged me on the shoulder. I looked at her and raised my eyebrow.

She smiled. "So? Wanna do this with me?"

"Of course" I smiled and we shook hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*present chapter*

Y/n's POV;

The time was up and everyone partnered up with their teammates.

Well, since this other player died... there'll be one person who won't have a partner. "You guys, you're all making a big mistake" said 212.

"Do you really think you can win without me on your team? It's me, Han Mi-nyeo!" she yelled as she pulled other people to let them be her partner.

"Do you think they'll... you know...?" asked Ji. I just nodded, feeling bad for Mi-nyeo.

I know she's really annoying sometimes, but I feel bad because she also has a child outside the games and it's not fair.

What can we do if she doesn't have a partner? I mean who knew we were going to play in pairs?

We followed the guards to the door and I looked back one last time seeing the other guards dragging 212 out of the white room.

The guards opened the door and we entered. It was like a neighbourhood or something and it's actually really well made.

The AI then spoke. "Attention players, please follow the staff to your designated position for the game".

A guard approached me and Ji, and turned around signalling us to follow him.

Who did Sae partner up with by the way?

I looked around before following the guard but it looks like she already left.

"Y/n, come on!" said Ji and she grabbed my wrist smiling.

On the way, I heard Sang-woo talking to Ali. They were walking ahead of us.

"Ali. Look at me. No one can stop us if we work together" he said and he put his arm on his shoulder.

"I think you and I could really win the money" said Ali. Sang-woo patted his back and nodded. "All right, let's do this and get out".

That was all I heard since we turned to a different direction.

Once we all reached our places. The guard stopped infront of us and the AI began to speak again. "Players, please take one bag each from the staff member before you".

The guard raises his arm and handed us a small bag of I don't know... stones or something?

[omg I'm so sorry :'((( ]

"There should be a set of ten marbles in each bags" the AI continued as me and Ji-yeong opened it.

Ohh marbles...

"Please check to confirm the number".

I took all the marbles that were in the mini bag and counted.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

"Do you know how to play this?" asked Ji-yeong. I shook my head and shrugged. "We're fucked..." she sighed. "Hey, don't-" the AI interrupted me.

"In this game, using your set of ten marbles, you will play the game of your choice with your partner".

My smile dropped and I looked at Ji-yeong who is already looking at me.