Chapter 14: Glass Stepping Stones

*previous chapter*

"And yeah, I get that you probably don't like me back. Heh, I just wanted you to know that, in case I die-" I was cut off when she suddenly kissed me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*present chapter*

Sae-byeok's POV;

She likes me?

What?

I stared at her as I listen to all the things she's saying. "I get that you probably don't like me back........" she continued but I couldn't hear what she was saying anymore.

I leaned closer and closer. I couldn't stop myself and just went for it, with my heart beating rapidly.

The lights turned off.

I felt both her hands cupping my cheeks. I thought she was going to pull away but she kissed back.

We continued while she sits up but she ran out of breath and pulled away, heavily breathing.

Fuck breath

She looked at me and I smiled. "Do you still think I don't like you back?" I asked as she let out a small chuckle.

"No, but I think you should do it again because it wasn't clear enough" she smirked, making my face heat up even more.

The lights may be off, but I can already imagine how she's smirking right now.

She sighed and rested her back on the bed again. "Please tell me I'm not dreaming...".

"What do you mean?" I laughed and lie down to cuddle her. "This is too good to be true" she whispered.

I laughed again. "Why are you laughing?!" she whisper-yelled. "There's nothing funny".

"You're cute" I said and hugged her as she rested her head on my neck.

"Sae?" she asked.

"Hmm?"

"I love you"

"I love you more than you love me, y/n" I answered.

"No, bec-"

"No buts or because. Now, we sleep" I said cutting her off, earning a little groan from her before drifting into sleep.

~The Next Morning~

Y/n's POV;

I woke up and slowly opened my eyes. I looked beside me but Sae-byeok was nowhere to be seen.

I sit up, looking around and I saw the people falling in line for the food.

Was it just a dream?

I decided to go down from my bed to take my breakfast. Then I heard someone call my name.

"Y/n". I turned to look who it was and saw Sae-byeok already holding two tin boxes. She handed it to me and we went back to my bed. We both ate in silence.

Was it really just a dream?

I knew it was too good to be true...

"Did you sleep well?" she asked, interrupting me from my thoughts.

"O-oh yeah, yeah I did" I said smiling.

Silence again...

I looked at her. "Is there something on my face or...?" she said, wiping the corner of her mouth. I shook my head.