xiv.

゚⚪︎゜º゚︒⦁․∗
ARE WE STILL FRIENDS?

゚⚪︎゜º゚︒⦁․∗ARE WE STILL FRIENDS?

︴▒░. chapter fourteen

the night was finally winding down once the clock hit one. the party had been lively since nine and the crowd was just now getting smaller after everyone sang happy birthday, surprising vanalisé again with the huge three tier cake with sparklers.

people left gifts at the gift table that was rapidly filling up, or they handed them to her personally. it was honesty quite overwhelming for vanna, for she didn't even know a majority of these people. she assumed a lot of them were friends or acquaintances of jack, druski and amala because they knew almost half of the world it felt like.

now there were only a few people left, and vanna was quickly feeling the effects of the amount of alcohol she consumed in light of celebration. she was stumbling occasionally and her head just felt completely heavy and was on the verge of passing out.

vanna was pressed against jack on the couch that had more people than it could fit comfortably on. once he noticed how much she had drunk, he took it upon himself to watch her carefully so she wouldn't do something she was sure to regret in the future.

"jaaack," the girl whined from where she was slumped on his shoulder. she had been complaining about everything under the sun for the past 5 minutes. about how hot it was, her head was too heavy, the music was too loud, etc.

"what's up?" his eyelids were growing heavier as well. he had a couple of drinks as well, just to show vanalisé that he wasn't a total stick in the mud. plus, he wasn't completely sure he could babysit the grown woman without some help for the headache that would form.

she pulled her head off his chest and looked at him with drooped eyes and a lopsided grin. "you're so pretty."

he was a bit taken aback and flustered at the statement, knowing sober vanna would never admit that she found him attractive. he let out a breathy chuckle, "thank you, baby."

she let out a giggle before standing up abruptly, almost falling on her ass if not for the help of the boy. "i'm bored, let's go upstairs."

his eyes widened slightly at the forwardness. his insides were buzzed too and his mind wasn't in it's usual levelheadedness, but he still knew that things could go south really fast if she was hinting at what he assumed she was hinting at.

"you sure? you don't wanna stay down here?"

the girl shook her head before taking his hand and leading him away from the crowded couch and up the stairs to the quietness of her bedroom.