xxviii.

゚⚪︎゜º゚︒⦁․∗
ARE WE STILL FRIENDS?

゚⚪︎゜º゚︒⦁․∗ARE WE STILL FRIENDS?

︴▒░. chapter twenty eight

"VANALISÉ MEDINA?" the soft call of her name echoed throughout the small waiting room. vanna and amala had both stood up, arms intertwined and looking towards the source of the voice.

a short, blonde lady in her seemingly mid thirties smiled, coming up towards the two, holding a clipboard. "your test results are in, please follow me."

amala and vanalisé's eyes glanced at each other, the nervousness was as evident as day on their faces as they followed the nurse through the double doors and into the bright hall.

the two friends had been in this clinic for almost three hours, eagerly awaiting whether vanna was truly pregnant or not. though the test has reigned yes, the true deciding factor was here in the hands of a professional. one ultrasound and uncomfortable cup peeing fiasco later, the results were in.

she didn't know how to prepare for these results. she was no where near ready to be a mother, but she couldn't resort to abortion, she just couldn't. and she had to think about jack too. even though he made it clear that he would love and support her and his unborn child unconditionally, she couldn't help but question whether this would strain their relationship.

the nurse lead them into a small room, different than the room vanna had spent an hour previously. vanna and amala sat on the two chairs by the door, amala's grip was firm on vanna's hands, letting her know she was there to support her endlessly.

"okay," the nurse said, setting the clipboard down on the desk before closing the door to the room. "i'm RN susan wilkins, and from my understanding you're here to see your status of pregnancy, if there's any, correct?"

vanna nodded, gulping slightly. "corrrct."

nurse wilkins nodded before turning to amala with a kind smile. "okay, and you are the best friend, correct?"

amala nodded, matching her smile. "yes."

the nurse clapped her hands together before picking up her glasses from around her neck and putting them on. grabbing her clipboard, she squinted at the text.

"okay, well there's not much to go from so i'll just read the results of the tests." nurse wilkins smiled. "earlier you took an ultrasound at approximately 10:13 am, the results show no signs of any living organisms."

vanna's eyes widened as she let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding. amala squeezed her hand, also letting out a deep sigh of relief.

nurse wilkins continued. "shortly after, we had you do a series of tests, one being test through urinated process, those results have also been brought back negative."

vanna nodded, tears of what's she presumed was happiness filling her eyes. she wasn't pregnant. the last few weeks have been stressing her out nonstop and now it felt like a pressuring weight the size of an elephant had been lifted off of her.

she couldn't wait to tell jack.

BACK AT HOME, vanna was sprawled out on the couch with sierra. amala had to go do whatever it was that famous people did nowadays and sierra's eyes were glued to the tv, watching love and hip hop atlanta. that was her favorite show and it was not to be interrupted.

vanna on the other hand was getting bored, droning through peoples snapchat stories and answering her snaps. she let out a yawn, preparing to start complaining to sierra about her boredom before a notification from twitter popped up. it was a dm from some girl she didn't know.

she clicked the notification, intrigued by the contents of the message.

jaiden 🤝 jaidaabee

you don't know me and
i really hate to be that
person, but i think you
should see this.

she furrowed her eyebrows at the dm, her suspicions growing once she saw a video attached. clicking on it, her eyes widened as she automatically recognized the curly hair belonging to her boyfriend. it was a blurry video but she could make out his figure just fine. he was in some type of club or party, it was hard to tell. his back was faced towards the camera and he was dancing.

vanna rolled her eyes, milliseconds away from exiting the video, seeing nothing out of the ordinary. that was until she noticed he wasn't dancing alone, there was someone dancing with him—or on him. whoever was recording zoomed in just as the two figures turned slightly. then vanna's face fell once she realized what she was looking at.

she exited the video, turning of her phone altogether. she'd seen enough. she didn't even realize how fast she was breathing until sierra looked over at her, fully ready to curse her out but frowning once she saw the girl's expression.

"hey, what's wrong?" sierra sat up, carefully looking at her best friend. "you look like you about to stab a bitch."

vanna didn't say anything, instead shrugging towards her phone. getting the hint, sierra took the girl's phone, putting in the password. the twitter dm was still on the screen, causing sierra to furrow her eyebrows.

vanna watched as sierra pressed play on the video, the girl's face growing from confused to livid all in the span of the 11 second video. sierra handed the phone back to vanna before throwing the blanket off of her and standing up. in one swift motion, sierra was putting on her slippers and picking up her keys, walking towards the door. "let's go."

vanna frowned. "where are we going?"

sierra turned to face her as if she was the dumbest motherfucker in the world. "we going to kick some white nigga ass, now come on."

AMI SPEAKS!
oou jackman u betta
run