Chapter XI - An Eye Opener

Andrew's POV – 24 June 2019

07h00

That is what the clock on my nightstand read. It's Monday morning and I cannot help myself but hope that this week will be a lot better than last week. The situation at home had deteriorated considerably after the ordeal with my father. My mother still gives me disapproving looks and my father, well, he has been his usual self, distant and cold.

I was pretty sure that the cold shoulder I was getting from my parents would affect me detrimentally, but to my shock it didn't, and that's all because of one person, Christian. He has been with me whenever he can and he's been pestering me about relaxing so I can speed up my healing process. My face still looks horrendous and my ribs still hurt like a bitch, but I didn't need to rest so much.

I mean, I understand that he cares but I wish he'd understand things from my perspective, I'm so tired of resting. This guy even went an extra mile to tell me that we wouldn't continue with the project until I got better. Imagine! I tried convincing him, but he wouldn't budge. I'm pretty stubborn, but he takes the trophy.

07h07

Shit, if I let my thoughts consume me any longer, I'm going to be late. So, I roll off the bed and stretch, and rush into the bathroom stripping myself nude before hopping in the shower and letting the water wash away all my thoughts. As I rid myself off of yesterday's stench, my brain wonders off to Christian. I hate how my mind betrays me sometimes, I just wanted to enjoy my shower without thinking about the reality of life but my brain seems to have other plans.

See, Christian has been occupying my thoughts since last week. He's the first person I think about in the morning and the last person I think about at night. Is this even normal? When I see him, I feel weird things in my chest. When he calls me with that nickname I despise so much, I just want to...Wait. What do I want to do? Yeah, flush instantly. I just hate how uncomfortable he makes me. The things I feel when I'm with him are just downright horrible. I hate how his eyes make me feel small. I hate how he cares about me when we're not even friends. I hate how his rough hands feel so delicate when he touches my sk...oh no!

Why the fuck do I have a hard on right now? Shit, this is another reason why I need to keep my distance from this boy because this isn't normal! My parents would bludgeon me if they knew what went on in my head.

I turn the faucet to cold and let the water wash my tension off, and soon I hop out, patting myself dry. I lather my body in my coconut lotion and brush my teeth, then bolt back into my bedroom. It's the beginning of the week, so let's make a nice impression. I settle for a floral t-shirt with short sleeves, black jeans and converses. I wear my chosen items of clothing and run my fingers through my hair, I really don't have time to style it, so don't you dare come for me! Before walking out of my room I throw my eyes at the mirror, "damn I look yummy" I say, before cringing. I can be so weird at times.

As I descend the stairs, I feel overwhelmed by the fear of having to face reality again. I can already hear my parents' conversation as I near the kitchen, business is being discussed, as usual. The Lord knows what I would do to get a normal family life for once. Just having to wake up in the morning to smiles and kisses, not when their next business trip will be.

"Good morning" I say with a small smile. Silence.

Damn it's a new week but they are still hell bent on ignoring me? Ever since last week's events, my parents have been ignoring me like the plague. I've tried apologizing, doing all the chores, even washing their cars to show my remorse, but it seems as though my apologies have been falling on deaf ears all this while.