Chapter XLIV - The Culprit Is Found

Olivia's POV – 1 October 2019

"Hello? Hello Josh?" I greet into the speaker.

"What is it Olivia?" my brother groans in annoyance. Can he stop bitching for one minute? He's lucky that I can't tell him that because I kind of need his help.

"I need you to help me with something..."

"Don't tell me you want to use my car again!" he yells. "The last time you borrowed my car, you ripped my license plate off."

"I'm sorry Josh!" I try to sound as sincere as I possibly can, and I end up rolling my eyes at my failed attempt. Well, at least I tried, right?

"Whatever" he sighs. "Just tell me what you want."

"There's this guy that's bothering me here at school..."

"What's his name?" Josh interrupts me, and I can't help but crack a smile at how easy this seems to be.

"But you haven't even heard what he did to me..."

"I don't care Liv, but all I know is that no one messes with my baby sister and gets away with it. NO ONE!" he exclaims.

"Josh this guy tried forcing himself on me" I say, and start sniffling for added effect. "And it's been many times now..."

"Why didn't you say anything Olivia? Why?" he questions.

"I'm sorry for not saying anything, but I just want you to stop him from hurting me even further."

"Give me a name and he'll be dead in a few." My smile grows bigger at his words, who knew that having a brother that's a pimp would be so fun?

"Jeremy. Jeremiah Langston."

Andrew POV – 2 October 2019

Whoever came up with the adage never judge a book by its cover knew exactly what they were talking about. The fact that Christian and I had convinced ourselves that the suspects had to be our old, selfish and calculating fathers, only to learn that the perpetrator may have been right under our nose the entire time, and is a fellow student, is truly sickening.

Just the thought of how many times Jeremy had tried to talk to me yesterday made chills run down my spine. Why did he want to talk to me so badly? Maybe he wanted to get rid of you now. But why?

I am brought out of my stupor by the sound of Christian's feet hitting the floor, as he takes heavy steps into the kitchen.

"Good morning" I greet softly.

"Hi" he responds casually. He's been acting really laid back for a person who had just learnt that he may have crossed paths more than once with the person who wanted him dead, and that unsettled me. I've known Christian for a short while, and the mask he's been wearing since yesterday, does not convince me...not even a tiny bit.

"I'm not even going to ask if you're okay because I know you're not" I state as a matter of fact.

He chuckles, "Babe, I've been telling you since last night that I'm fine."

"And I've been telling you since last night that I don't buy that story" I fire back.

"I don't know what I need to do to prove to you that I am fine" he sighs, before munching on a piece of toast.

"I also don't know what you're going to do, but I do know what I am going to do and that is beat the answers out of Jeremy cause he..."

"Don't" he interrupts me.