Chapter XX - Falling

Christian's POV – 16 August 2019

I have come to terms that fear really is a never ending cycle of life. Once you get over the fear of one thing, a fear for something else arises. I mean, I was shitting my pants when I had to open up to Andrew about the fact that I like him, and now that I got over that, I really fear the idea of losing what I have with him now.

Speaking of what I have with him, I'll be spending even more time with him. I came back from school not so long ago and I need to start preparing for tonight. Oh yeah, we have our first date today. Super excited for that!

"Hi Christian, you wanted to talk to me" Bella says, walking into the kitchen.

"Yeah, uhm. Is it okay if I drop you off at Sofia's?" I ask slowly.

"Again?" Ouch. "Are you leaving me again? I'm so sick of spending so much time at Sofia's, too much drama" she states seriously.

"Oh, I'm sorry..."

"I mean, I'm 12 now, so you leave me here if you want to spend time with your boyfriend" she says excitedly.

"You know I'll never do that, I don't trust you not to burn the house down" I express, making Bella roll her eyes at me "and I told you that he's not my boyfriend yet, I haven't asked him."

"Well, when are you planning to?"

"We have a date tonight...that's why I was asking if you could go to Sofia's."

"Oh, I didn't know. I don't want to ruin your plans Christian, you can drop me off at Sofia's." Now I feel like I'm guilt tripping her into agreeing.

"No, don't worry about it. I'll work my way around it" I say, kissing her head and walking out of the kitchen and into the family room.

I really want to go to this date with Andrew but I don't think I can leave my sister alone, not after learning that there's some discomfort at her friends' house. So I guess I'll have to improvise, I just hope Andrew's not going to be mad about the change of plans.

I retrieve my cell from my pocket, unlocking it and calling the last number I called. Andie Baby💖, and dial his number.

The phone rings once before he picks it up, "Can't stop talking to me, I see" he laughs.

"You know I can't Baby."

"Stop" he giggles. I guess that's another failed attempt at chuckling. He did that a lot.

"You know you like it," I laugh "I just wanted to ask if you'd be okay with spending time at my house instead?"

"Oh...mind if I ask why?" he questions.

"I'm concerned about Bella man" I state honestly.

"Oh! No man, there's no problem. I actually miss her, I haven't seen her in a while."

"You saw her two days ago" I say, laughing at his dramatic self.

"Well it feels like it's been forever..." he pauses "...Ian, I have to go, mom's calling me."

"They came back?"

"Yes," he sighs "but they're only back for a day, then they'll be heading out again."

"Okay, let me let you go then, as hard as that is..."

"Stop it Ian." Is it weird that I can hear that he is heavily blushing? "I'll talk to you later. Bye."

"Bye" I say before hanging up. "Isabella!" I call out.

"Yes Christian" she responds, running into the family room. "I'm here."