Chapter 1

July 30th, 1995

Waking up to the sun peaking through the curtains in her room was a normal occurrence. No matter where she slept the light would always find her, especially in Slytherin Manor. Opening her eyes and staring at dark cloth canopy hanging above her bed. The girl stares for a few minutes before turning her head and looking around her Dark Academia styled room, taking noticing of the new book that was added to her large bookshelf in the nook to the left of her bed. The girl lays still for a bit before a taping at the window startled her. Looking over to the bay window to find her stark black owl Hermes holding a green envelope in his beak. Slowly getting out of bed -much to the dismay of Hermes- the girl straightens out her night gown and walks over to open the window to let the bird in.

Opening the window to feel the chilly August air blowing into her already cold room, and the brush of her birds wings as it flies to its perch, the girl shivers then closes the window. The young woman trudges over to Hermes where he was perched on his gold stand in the corner standing tall and waiting for the letter to be plucked from his beak. The young woman reaches up to grab the letter from the owl's beak only for the him to drop the letter and nip at the girl's finger.

"Ouch, you bloody chicken!" She exclaims. A chuckle is heard from outside the door. Quickly throwing her hair in a bun to not have it down in front of anyone. The girl opens the door and lets her godfather in.

"Now, now little fox, no need to hurt the poor thing." Says the girls chuckling godfather. Her face shifts from pain to irritation. She hated it when he would call her little. She was a grown woman for Merlin's sake.

"Uncle Severus, you know I hate it when you call me little. I am a woman." She huffs out. Severus just laughs harder. Her irritation continues to increase. Hermes breaks her irritation when he flies to pick up the letter and drop it in her hand. Spotting the hand-writing on the front she immediately recognized it as Freya Bancroft's writing. Her best friend Freya has been by her side through everything. They have been friends for years, since before her mother was murdered.

Opening the letter she read through the usual weekly recap. Although this time she mentioned how her mother was pregnant again. Good for the Bancroft's, Mother magic must favor them. It was always hard for Pure-blooded family's to have more than one child per generation.

"I'm guessing its from Heiress Bancroft from the smile on your face?" Severus asks the girl. She nods quickly, rushing to her bathroom to shower and get ready for the day. Putting on a long sleeve black turtle neck and a plaid skirt she dances over to her shoes while humming a sweet song. Slipping on some simple heeled boots, she struts out of her bedroom door and down the hall leading to the grand staircase. Following the sound of voices into the dining room. She makes her dramatic entrance into the room as she always does, she spots her uncles conversing, and her aunt by her husbands side.

"There's the Birthday girl!" She hears her aunt Lily's voice. Everyone gathers around when they spot the girl.

"How does it feel to be 16 Vena?" Asks her Uncle Remus as he smiles down at her.

"I don't feel much different Moony, how does it feel to be 39?" She shoots back with a glint of mischief in her eyes. He gasps loudly and holds a hand over his heart.

"How dare thee, to say that I am that old is brusque. Thou is diabolical." He says with a exasperated look. While his husband try's extremely hard to stifle his laugh.

"My sincerest apologies Sir Moony, but thou must forgive my bluntness. I solemnly swear you are younger than you look." She giggles while feigning innocence. He only grabs his husbands chest and leans on him acting as though he is dying. Sirius finally breaks and bursts into deep belly laughs. James and Severus soon following.

"But Sir Padfoot, why laugh when you are older then Remus?" She smirks mischievously. He gasps at the girl.

"You little brat!" He shouts out and chases Verena around the room. She giggles and runs to Draco and hides behind him.

"Dray help! He's coming!" She squeaks when Draco cages her in his arms so Sirius can't get to her.

"Not to worry princess! I'll save you!" He laughs and spins her around. He pretends to sword fight with Sirius slicing through the air with the pretend sword he ends the duel with a stab through the stomach, effectively winning the "sword fight".

"Happy Birthday princess!" James, Remus, Sirius, Peter, and Severus chorus.

"Thank you all." Verena says and they all sit down to eat breakfast.

Follow, Vote, and Share
————————————————————
853 words

Follow, Vote, and Share————————————————————853 words