Chapter 4

September 1st, 1993

The morning of September first Verena is awoken by loud nocking on her bedroom door. The girl pulls the covers higher.

"Come in." The girl says loud enough to be heard from the other side of the door. The person walks over and sits on the girls bed. They slowly lay down next to the girl and gets under the covers cuddling the girl to their chest.

"Hi papa," The girl whispers to him. He pulls her closer and she hugs him. The man holds back a choked sob. He's gonna miss his little girl dearly.

"Hi Rena, are you all packed?" The father asks his daughter. The girl nods against his chest silently crying. The father kisses the girls head, silently sniffling himself.

"I'm gonna miss you so much Rena, you have no idea how much you have impacted my life since you were born. I may be harsh on you sometimes, but you have made me proud Vena, I couldn't dream of a better daughter then you." Marvolo tells the girl, which only makes them both cry more. Marvolo chuckles to himself.

"James and Sirius said I should do lunges to stay in shape. That would be a big step forward." The father says to try and make the girl stop crying. It works because she giggles and smiles. They both wipe away their tears and get up to get ready.

Marvolo leaves and Verena gets dressed, does her makeup, and her hair. The girl calls a house elf to take her trunk downstairs when she finishes packing it. She leaves her room and heads down to the dinning room only to find Castor, Draco, Hadrian, Theodore Nott, Blaise Zabini, Pansy Parkinson, Daphne and Astoria Greengrass, and all of their parents there. Verena walks strait over to where Castor, Draco, and Hadrian is standing.

"Good Morning boy's lovely to see you, but why is everyone here?" Rena asks the trio. They each shrug in response also looking confused.

"We don't know we thought it was supposed to be family only but then the Greengrass family showed up followed by the Zabini's and Nott's." Hadrian told the girl. She nodded along and looked around the room quickly finding the Potter's, Black's, and Peter. Verena excuses herself and makes her way over to the adults.

"Aunty and Uncles, lovely to see you, and thank you for coming." She greets with a large smile. They smile back and greet her with hugs and cheek kisses.

"Ready for your first year at Hogwarts princess?" Sirius asks excitedly. The girl holds a somber smile but nods none the less. They spend the rest of the time chatting away about random things until it is time to leave for the station. When they get there Verena stands with Marvolo off to the side as he murmurs quietly to her.

"Its gonna be alright Rena, just remember, the headmaster is tricky, so watch your back when your alone. Also, when you get sorted into Slytherin remember to take charge quickly, and maybe recruit a bit. Alright Diana, there's 20 minuets before the train pulls off, go find Castor and grab a good compartment. I love your Darling, always remember that." He tells her, the girl nodding along as she listens. With a squeeze to her shoulder she heads off to find her best friends and board the train.

The train ride was mostly uneventful, the most amusing thing that happened was when Hadrian fell asleep laying on Draco's lap and the train jerked to the right which sent him to the ground. After almost 9 1/2 hours the train finally pulls into Hogsmeade station. Their group of 6 grabs a carriage and makes their way up to the castle. When they get there a professor pulls Verena off to the side and introduces herself as Professor McGonagall. The teacher leads her to where the first years will wait to be sorted outside of the great hall.

Follow, Vote, and Comment!
————————————————————

Follow, Vote, and Comment!————————————————————