Cheers (Drink to That)

Elle just stood there stunned. She knew Andy had said she wanted to start over, but they were scheduled for different shifts the rest of the week and hadn't seen each other since.

"Looks like the party's already started!" Andy called out as she moved past Elle and danced her way over to Maya and Carina.

Elle shook off her surprise and made her way back to her friends. Her heart was so full looking around at everyone dancing and drinking. Seeing everyone together to celebrate her birthday, she finally felt like a true member of the team.

................

"Hey!" Maya greeted as Andy danced across the kitchen toward her. "I'm glad you came."

Andy gave her a hug and grabbed a drink from the counter.

"Well yeah, the whole gang is here" she said nonchalantly as she took a sip of her beer.

Maya nodded in agreement, "True. I just don't think I've ever seen you this chill around Elle before."

"Oh yeah," Andy responded. "I took a shot in the car before I came in."

They both laughed hysterically as Maya shook her head and they went back to dancing.

An hour and a half, another round of jello shots, and a few games of beer pong later, it was approaching midnight meaning it was almost time to head out to the bar. Vic got a bottle of champagne out of the fridge and turned down the music.

"Alright everyone," she called as people started to gather around her. "We're gonna get this show on the road. But first I think we need to sing to our birthday girl!"

She grabbed Elle, pulling her into the center and handing her the bottle. Elle smiled awkwardly as everyone sang happy birthday to her. When the song ended she popped the bottle of champagne and lifted it to her lips as Vic and Travis chanted for her to chug. She quickly realized she should have let the bottle fully pop before putting it in her mouth because the champagne went right up and out of her nose, spraying everywhere. No one could help but laugh, Elle included. After quickly cleaning up the mess, she carefully opened another bottle and poured everyone a glass.

Once they finished their last drink, Vic and Trav called two cars to take everyone to the bar. Elle hugged Alex and Liam goodbye since they weren't 21 yet and couldn't come to the bar, and then headed over to the rest of her group to wait for their rides. Travis, Emmett, Andy, Jack, and Dean went in one car and Elle, Vic, Maya, and Carina got in the other.

Finally getting a little bit of privacy, Elle turned to Vic. "I can't believe Andy came," she said quietly.

Vic turned to her and smiled. "I mean she said she wanted to start over. Seems like she's trying," Vic said, just loud enough that everyone else could hear.

Maya turned to look at Elle, "She really is trying. Trust me." She nodded and gave a slight smile to show that she meant it.

Elle smiled and nodded back. She let out a sigh and rested back in her seat, closing her eyes slightly. Carina looked over at her and shook her head. "Ahh ahh, you can't go to sleep before we even make it to the bar." She leaned forward, tapping the driver's shoulder. "Excuse me, could you please turn on the radio?"

They all laughed as music filled the car. Elle perked up and sang along the rest of the way.

After arriving at the bar, they all regrouped and got in line to pay the cover. There were a few groups in front of them, but it worked out to their advantage because it was still a few minutes before midnight. Elle's friends counted down the last few seconds and shouted happy birthday just as the clock turned and they made it to the front of the line. Elle proudly handed her ID to the bouncer. He was 6'4", jacked, bald and overall intimidating to look at, but he gave her a soft smile when he saw the date on her license.