CHAPTER 5

At night, after the lights are out...

Aiden wondered what should he do once he was out. He kept on staring into nothing, thinking hard of what he could do. He remembered how disappointed the director's voice was when the police came to take him away.

"I put you in school and you causing trouble like this? Don't ever come back here again, Aiden Kim. You have tarnish my name."

The voice rang inside his head. Aiden clutched his ears trying to forget it.

"Can't sleep baby?" Jake's voice drowning the voice inside his head. Aiden gasped lowly. "Hmm." He turned to Jake, and snuggled into him. The warmth make him comfortable. He closed his eyes as he sighed in relief.

The arch of Jake's lips lifted upwards, amused by how easy the boy to be coaxed. The big guy realised the uneasiness the boy's felt, but asking Aiden straightforwardly may make him be wary of him.

Jake slowly threaded his fingers through Aiden soft dark hair. Aiden fall asleep not long after.

"Once we are out, what should we do with Aiden?" Jason's voice clearly shown he is worried.

"Yeah...there are many wild teens here. Aiden will be their target." Brad continued.

Jake kept quiet, still staring at the boy in his arms. "Then we will take him with us." He said simply. Jake and Brad went silent.

.
.
.
In the morning, Jake intertwined their hands together while they took a stroll around the prison. "This is the emergency exit...just after the stairs. Remember it clearly." Jake wanted Aiden to know his ways out if anything happened. So he told Aiden to remember the steps to emergency exit, guard post, etc. It takes a whole month for Aiden to remembers all the directions.

"We got something to do in the field today." Jake told Aiden who was eating a candy. The bigger guy said it casually as he twirled around Aiden's hair.

It was a fight between Jiho and Daryl. The fight will take a long time, so Jake didn't want to part with Aiden. He just simply made Aiden listen to music (with the mp3 he brought in illegally.) Aiden could hear ruckus all around him.

"Umm...where did you get this?" Aiden asked as Jake put on the earphone. "They let me have it as a reward since I have been good." Jake lied smoothly. "Hn okay." Aiden nodded.

Currently, Aiden was on Jake's lap. He said it will be more safe to be by his side all the time. Of course, Aiden complied since to him, Jake is a kind man. Jake play the music, all the playlist was Aiden's favourite.

"20 bucks if he last a minute!" "Six cigarettes in two minutes!" "100 bucks on 30 seconds!" Other juvies started to placed their bets once Jake gave them a sign to begin.

"The bets are in, sir." Someone from his side said to Jake. "30 seconds and a minute was the most popular." Another man said.

Jake was silent for a second as he slowly brushed Aiden's bang. "It's our game in a while. Maybe I will join in, and bet how long he will last."

Jiho got his head shaved, his body turned thinner and the bones could be seen. His eyes were bloodshot, ready to kill. He have just been released from the isolation.

Nota a second, he was sent flying by Daryl's punches. One after another punches rained down on his body. His face become bloody with all the injury, but not once did he cried out to give up.

Jiho countered, biting Daryl's nose like he wanted to chomp it off. Blood gushing out, staining the ground.

The smell of the bloid spread in the air. Aiden sniffed before he covered his nose with his palms. He buried his face in Jake's chest. "Uhhh...why there's smell of blood? Is any-anyone injured?" Aiden asked with a face contorted in discomfort.