CHAPTER 11

A few days after, a heartbreaking news reached Aiden. "...what?" His eyes glistening with tears, his fingers trembling non stop and his face pale as snow. It was a good thing the blind boy already sat on the bed, otherwise he would surely fell due to how his knees were shaking. Jake who have been kneeling in front of Aiden as he told the news could only clutched the tiny trembling hands in his own.

"Ji-Jiho...." Aiden sobbed. He only knew Jiho for a little bit of time in the prison. Not that really long, but he was still a dear friend to the lone blind boy. "J-Jake! You-you are lying! Jiho is-Jiho is s-s-strong!" Aiden's tears flowing down his flushed cheeks. "There's no way he could have...j-jump...no..!"

Aiden brought his palms to his face. His body was shaking greatly. The way his voice cracked sent shivers down Jake's spine. It was heartbreaking.

There were still some people who would mourn for Jiho. Jiho's death were painful for some people. Including Aiden. They met for a very short time, but to the Aiden, Jiho was in the few people who treat him gently.

Jake's lips formed a thin line as be hugged Aiden. He remembered he didn't let Jiho meet Aiden when he came here. Somehow, deep in his heart he felt regrets.

The room which echoed with Aiden's  crying soon dyed down as the boy tired himself out and fall asleep. Small hiccups still could be heard. Jake sighed kissing Aiden's forehead, as he combed the small boy's hair with his fingers.

*
*
*
Aiden got to work again at the flower shop. This time, he wasn't as cheerful as he usually did. The manager was worried seeing Aiden so lifeless. "Are you okay? Do you think want to take a break? Ah, do you feel sick again?" The woman voiced out her worries towards Aiden. "No,.. I'm fine..." Aiden replied in a small voice.

He then kept quiet throughout his shift. His mind was occupied by Jiho. Losing someone he knows hurt more than he could imagine. He tried to busy himself with other chores but then, feeling of insecurity started to get to him. 'What if one day Jake leave me too? Brad...Jason..'

Aiden realizes how sudden someone can left him. He felt afraid he would be alone again... But he knew he was powerless to hold anyone back from leaving him. Fate is a secret. He didn't know what will happen to himself one day. He sighed.

After work, Aiden take a stroll to the park. He tried to calm down his breath and throw away negative thoughts. He sat on the bench and try to relax. He didn't notice he took a long time resting at the park and sun started to go down. Suddenly, he felt someone touch his shoulder in a firm grip. "Uwaah!" Aiden jolted on surprised, instinctively pulling his body away.

"Calm down Aiden. It's me, Eugene." The chairman of Workers said softly. "I was told you are not really in a best state of mind. I'm was worried so I thought I should have go check on you. On the way to your home I found you here." Listening to Eugene's explaination make Aiden's heart warming. 'He cares about me.'

"Anyway, let's get you back to your home. It's already dark here." Eugene said pulling Aiden to his feet. "Oh...I-I don't want to be alone..it feels s-suffocating." Aiden mumbled. When he was alone he started to overthink. He got anxious and begin crying. Hearing that, Eugene hummed. "Then let's go with me. I got some work to do but later on we can relax at my place okay?" Aiden agreed immediately.

'Looks like Jiho's death have a great impact on him.' Eugene glanced to the quiet boy. They both then got into the black car and drove away.

***
[Spoiler Chapter 373] please don't read if you don't like spoilers. The story onwards contain spoilers. You have been warned.