Aster Emerson I

In process of editing for the 300 millionth time. I just can't be satisfied with my work 😭😭

I do not own the Percy Jackson characters. Rick Riordan does. . .sadly 🥲🥲

Note: Although this book has shown to be finished, I will still add parts (hopefully to 30 chapters) and edit occasionally. 

Okay, enjoy! 👍👍

Hi, my name is Allister but my classmates call me by the nickname, Aster. Most people say I'm weak, unpopular, and not worth being friends with. I don't exactly know if that's true but things have gotten better over the days. 

It all started when a guy with sea-green eyes walked into the cafeteria. I learned soon enough his name was Percy and he was gaining popularity, fast.    

One day I was sitting at my table, alone -- because I'm classified as a geek in my school -- and I longingly watched Percy's cafeteria table. Kids of all sorts had gathered there, and even my ex-friend was high-fiving Percy. I tried not to blow my lid, but as I watched Percy, I felt anger boiling up inside me. Why am I still a geek? I wondered. I could totally be as good as him. So like I always did, I made a fool out of myself. With my head held high, I walked over to Percy and decided to give him a piece of my mind. (I don't know okay, it made sense in my head when I did it)

"Oh hey." He said casually, smiling up at me with a goofy expression. As I looked at him closely, I totally lost my confidence. "H-h-hi." I stammered, looking down at my feet. I could feel the cold stares of the other boys as he offered me a seat next to him. One of the guys, who apparently seemed to be a little egoistic, looked like he wanted to punch my face right then and there. 

"We don't have space." He said, making a face at me. "Not for people like..." He paused, quickly glancing at Percy before shutting his mouth. 

"Then make space, Alex," Percy said cheerfully. 

And that was when I started to realize Percy wasn't the bad guy. The people surrounding him was. And it was obvious that they didn't want me there.

 "Hey, man, what're you doing here? Go sit over there...near that pipe. Like you always do."
   "Yeah, Aster. You don't belong here."
      Dude, don't treat him like that," Percy told them, scowling, "Who do you think you are, anyway? I also started out as someone who people ...were not as nice as you guys are now."
     Their reactions. . wow, I would die to see them again. "So, what did you come here for?" Percy asked. He smiled at me, a crooked smile. Just like a troublemaker's. At that moment, my palms started sweating.

"N-n-nothing," I said, trying to restore my confidence.

Alex pursed his lips. "Well? What are you waiting for? Sit. Down." he told me stiffly. I wanted to tell him to not treat me like a dog, I wanted to tell him to stop acting like a jerk. But my voice betrayed me and I just kept stuttering.  

I grimaced to Percy, "S-So . . . you said you were...ummm...not liked too? I-It's so hard to-"

Percy's smile never left his face. "Believe? Oh no, it's really easy. All that trouble I went to . . . you'll never know."
   "Whoa. So you went from geek to MEGA-POPULAR in a few months? That's just . . ." I never remembered Percy being at this school. A newbie- and he was already so famous. I was instantly jealous but I was thankful too, realizing how comfortable it was to talk with him. "Cool." Percy gave me a thumbs-up. 
    And that was when I knew that Percy Jackson was one to not mess around with.

Author's Note: Hope you enjoyed it! I think I'm going to make a part two soon.