Silvia Lee Pt. 1

(No Mist)

Hi, my name's Via and I'd like to think of myself as normal.

 A couple of days ago, the weirdest thing happened: A girl, the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen, stepped forward onto the pavement of our boring, little school. Now normally, a stunning girl isn't that much of a problem, in fact, it's not a problem at all - but this girl was out-of-this world, almost inhumane with her almond-shaped eyes and lush brownish-blonde hair. She radiated a warm light, one that made me think of summer and the pretty blue flowers that bloom right before they withered in Winter.  

 Her name was Calypso and she seemed so much like a goddess, graceful and powerful and-practically everything I ever thought when I said the word, "god."
    Actually, scratch that out, I think Calypso is a goddess.
      And that's what most people think too. 
       But she claims she has a boyfriend, a human one. Andddd I don't know a lot about goddesses and gods and all this Greek stuff, but I'm pretty sure Zeus mentioned something about gods not being able to date mortals anymore because of the mist being revealed.  

  But maybe they changed the rules or something because I'm 99.99% sure Calypso is a goddess. And most of the time I'm right.

•••

Since there isn't the mist anymore, us, as the mortals, can see everything. Including monsters. My parents use to tell me that "monster's weren't real" but now, with the mist gone, I'm certain that I did not imagine the monster under my bed when I was 8. I'm absolutely sure about that.  

  But we mortals also can't fight (because we're just not talented enough) so one demigod is assigned to each school to fight any sort of monster that comes to mortal's harm.
   But I feel like Calypso's our "guardian" because. . .she's just so different from our whole school. 
       And I don't have anything against that but it's kind of strange to be "guarded" by people my age. Especially without knowing who it is.
        It just doesn't seem right-but does at the same time.