Mya Hendrix

Hello, I'm Mya. People say I'm sexist--that I'm too much of a feminist and I should keep my mouth shut. But I don't.
I get bullied, hit, and badmouthed daily. I don't think the students even mind that I hear everything they say. They just glare at me and whisper whenever I walk by, even when they know I'm listening and that every word causes a crack in my heart. But I go on, smiling and laughing even when I don't feel like it.
I try to help others, especially a girl named Thalia. Thalia doesn't exactly need my help but it feels good to do so. She understands me and for that reason, I try to respect her and go out of my way to help her.   
She always brushes away the hate comments about herself and I can't believe she does it so effortlessly-like she'd gone through worse. I think Thalia's against men--which isn't a problem for me but seems to attract trouble.
Even though Thalia doesn't think much of her looks, she is kind of attractive. This seems to be the problem every day. Thalia never liked flirting so she isn't that impressed when guys who "want a chance" walk up to her and sort of. . .show off. But in the weirdest, most obnoxious way. 
Except for her little problem, Thalia is naturally the kindest and most caring girl I've ever seen (even though she doesn't seem like it). Sometimes I feel like she can literally read my mind and heart, she knows when to back off and when to support me. 
Thalia and I are good friends. She tries to make me join her group of 'Hunters' but I don't know if I'm ready to drop out of the dating system. Today, everything changed and now I really can't wait to be in a group that understands me like Thalia. 
I was near my locker minding my own business when a sudden black figure came and tried to kiss me! Well no way that was going to happen because 1) I really just don't feel like DATING OR MUCH LESS KISSING a boy right now and 2) who is this stranger? So I just ran away. I wish I had done something better because that stupid boy decided to chase me. Fortunately, I had luck and I bumped right into Thalia.
 "Thalia!" I screamed. "That guy's trying to force me into-" I gulped. I opened my mouth to continue but nothing came out.  Thalia looked at me with widened eyes, then she seemed to get it-and for a second, her eyes flickered to the sky. But then she just started marching towards the black figure. "Who do you think you are?" She demanded. 
"Oh hey, Thalia." The weird, anonymous person said casually, he smiled at her dreamily.
   "If you try to flirt with Mya, you're going down boy. You're going to be in a bloody mess no matter what trouble I'll get in. " Thalia snarled, then she quickly went over to him and whispered, "Get out of my way." Just like that-- he ran until we couldn't see him anymore. "So, have you considered joining the Hunters Of Artemis?" She said with a smirk. "Maybe," I replied. And maybe it was because of my almost horrible experience-but I sure did suddenly have the urge to run away from all men. So I joined them.
         Now I'm a loyal hunter to Lady Artemis, always ready at her aid. I haven't regretted a single day as a hunter. 
           And it's all thanks to Thalia.