Chapter 1

Alone on an autumn day, drifting off into space. My thirst isn't as bad as it could be. I'm currently sitting in a small coffee shop with people glancing over at me. I watch as a waitress serves a customer their coffee and heads back into her station. Her hair flowing behind her in waves of the ocean, her eyes of emeralds, and her blood, ravishing. I go to order another coffee and wait at my table for her to come.

"Your coffee ma'am." She set it on the table with a smile.

"Thank you, do you have a minute?" I asked knowing another solution to the problem if she were to say, "no."

"I still have my break, why might you ask?" She pulled a straw out of her apron pocket.

"I have a friend who would love to meet you." I smiled.

"Can they wait? I should really finish my shift." She pointed back at the order table behind her.

I took in a breath, "come to the back with me and I'll explain the rest then," and looked her in the eye.

She went over to her boss and told him she was going on break.

I led her to the back where no one would be able to hear any screams.

I closed the door behind us and locked it with her keys. I walked over to her and untied her apron, I threw it across the room and straws spilled onto the floor.

"This might not be pretty." I warned her.

I moved her hair to the side and sunk my teeth in her neck. She was silent the whole time, oddly.

I dropped her on the floor and pickpocketted what I could from her. With some napkins I found in her apron I cleaned up the blood on her neck. There was a loud noise coming from the door, someone was banging on the door from inside the shop. I telekinetically opened the door as I rushed out the EXIT.

                                            ~~~

I had walked around town for a bit until I made it to my apartment. I set my bag down and opened it up. There was a phone, wallet, ID, coupons, napkins, toothpicks, and hand sanitizer. All of which I pickpocketed from the waitress. I picked up the phone and tried to find out the passcode. It was a four digit code. I looked at her ID and noticed her birthday.

I chuckled, "typical."

Her phone was pretty simple and didn't have anything too important on it. Although, one thing did catch my eye. Her mail was filled with emails about vampires and people being drained of blood. Based on the emails it seems as if she would have a lot of knowledge towards them. She replied to quite a few of them, one of them was very descriptive and had so much detail it was like it was happening right in front of you. There was a notification.

"Aubrey, we need you there has been another attack. Meet us at the local Dorothy's at 7:00 sharp."

I was indecisive whether to go or not. A vampire at a vampire hunt. If I were to go I would be taking a massive risk. On the other hand, if I did go I'd be getting in on whatever this Aubrey was getting in on.         
I decided to go but I would lurk and not be in sight.