Chapter 2

I headed over to Dorothy's which was a thrift store that opened in the early 1950's. One of the first thrift stores to ever open in fact. I found it odd that they wanted to meet at a thrift store, why not a bar or coffee shop? I noticed 3 men walk over to the store with their pockets filled to the brim with something. They looked at each other and gave a slight nod. I wanted to inspect some more and see what was in their pockets. As I managed to quietly get over to the other side of the thrift shop I took a breath in relief. I opened my eyes and wooden bullets were fired.

~~~

I open my eyes and see a titanium wall with a small window. There was a large door with chains and wooden objects in a barrel. I heard men talking about something.

"She won't be able to fight, correct?" One man asked.

"Weak as can be." Another replied.

"If this fails I will have to tell Anthony." A girl said after her footsteps stopped.

"No! Please, don't tell Anthony." Someone quietly whispered.

"Shh," A woman shushed, "our guest is awake..."

A man approached the door unlocking it with his keys. He opened it as he led 2 other people inside. They surrounded me as I sat patiently in the wooden chair with ropes tied, metal bars cuffing me to the chair, and no escape.

"So, you're the 'vampire'." She quoted with her fingers.

She stepped closer to me and placed her hands on my face as I gave her a stern look.

"Where are your fangs?" She asked opening my mouth and moving my lip to get a closer look.

I growled and my fangs showed as she jumped out of the way and against the wall.

I chuckled, she looked terrified.

"I thought you were a 'vampire hunter'?" I quoted with my hands still in the cuffs.

"Get the garlic." She ordered pouncing off the wall and staring me down, "you're going to wish you never did that."

I stared at her and tilted my head, "am I?"

One man walked into the room with a bucket full of garlic. He tossed one to the girl.

"You answer everything we say or this garlic touches your body. Better yet, it goes down your throat." She seemed so proud of herself.

I just smiled in irony.

"Did you or did you not know Aubrey?" The girl asked.

"We were old friends," I replied.

The girl shoved the garlic onto my cheek and I screeched in 'pain'.

"Though she didn't live to be very old did she?" I finished.

The girl shoved the garlic into my face and proceeded to ask me questions about Aubrey Mikewood.

"What do you know about Aubrey!?" She yelled.

"All I know is she was a nice, caring, and hot woman. That's why I chose her." I licked my lips.

The girl raged in fury and kicked the garlic barrel, and she stormed out of the enclosed room.

"Dramatic much." I whispered.

The girl and another man left the room, one other male was hesitant.

"By the way, Aubrey is Maycie's sister." He said.

"That girl that stormed out of them room is Maycie?" I asked.

"What do you think?" He calmly asked.

"I just didn't expect a girl with such anger issues to be sisters with a hot and polite waitress." I said.

"Well, maybe you didn't get to know her that well." And he left the room.

"Still in a wooden chair, thanks." I said with sarcasm.

I noticed 4 cameras on each side of the room, all hung up in the little corner that connected each wall. Humans are stupid creatures, so stereotypical. A typical vampire to them is like a handful of snow, glistens in the sun but melts in the heat. Garlic as the water, the body burns and liquifies by the touch of it. Tiny twigs and dirt inside of it like the sharp fangs and all black clothing. Cold to the touch and if you stay in it too long you could hurt yourself by getting too chilly. The urge to shiver when you get too cold, like the fear of seeing a bloodsucker knowing it might be the last thing you ever see. When you throw it up in the air or towards the ground it starts to flurry like ashes of the vampire when it burns. Fire, melting the snow like fire melting the skin of the blood drinker. It melts like the vampire turning into a bat and fitting in every crevice.

One thing their vampires don't have, telekinesis. I stared at the camera as I clenched my fist and imagined the camera slowly coming out of the wall and crashing to the ground with parts flying everywhere. Next thing you know, the camera came tumbling to the ground and crashing on the floor. I did the same thing to the other three cameras and the additional one outside the door. The next part was getting the metal cuffs off. They didn't have a clasp, lock, or code to unlock them. I tried to think about my options and how I could get my wrists out of the cuffs. I noticed a part that fell out of the camera on the ground. It was a light source.

"Cameras that can watch and light up a room, convenient." I said as I summoned the light source into my hand.

The source provided was Vexxa Heat, part of the 3 light powers that can melt metal, specifically the metal to hold vampires. I fiddled with the little orb, levitating it a few inches above my hand. I managed to get it to work and beam some light onto the cuffs melting them off, leaving my wrist free. It was easier to do the second one, next came my ankles. I had fully freed myself and wiped the excess garlic off my face. The door was really weak and was easy to open. Before I left, I collected the parts that seemed useful to me, stuff I knew could be used for later.