Chapter 4

I placed the invitation on the mini fridge with a magnet. I traced my finger over the date and completely blanked out.

"Mama..."

This man did not make his own money, he inherited his money. This was not his night club, it was his great grandfather's. I rushed into the bathroom and pounded on the edge of the sink. I was so angry I felt a tear rush down my face. I felt guilt and anger all at once. I looked up at myself in the mirror and punched the wall near it. Miguel Goldenshteen and his family were sick and vile people, and I just saved him. I took a breath in and out. I turned on the water to take a hot shower, hopefully it would calm me down. As I was just enjoying the hot water I heard someone rush past and a vase almost falling. I stopped the water and put on my bath robe. I looked at the locked door and the closed blinds.

"Hello?..." I put my hand on the vase as it was still wobbling.

Nothing seemed out of place, although it did seem odd that the vase started to wobble. I went back into the bathroom to put on sweatpants and a long sleeved shirt. I sat on the couch and turned on the tv.
I was enjoying one of my favorite shows with my head resting on the pillow until something caught my eye. Now it wasn't the vase but the picture frame that was falling over. I shot myself up from the couch and grabbed my stun gun from inside a small box.

"It's just you and me." I said holding the stun gun like it'll kill someone.

I don't know what I was expecting, I mean I wanted someone to answer but I knew I wasn't going to get an answer. Maybe I was just going delusional, lucky for me I can't sleep. I just have to walk it off like everything else. So, I did just that. I left my apartment and headed over to the small bakery. I ordered a coffee and a small croissant. I sat on the curb and ate my croissant with my coffee. No cars passed by which made me slightly happy, it'd be easier to take my mind off everything.

When I finished my croissant and coffee I remembered, I was invited to a party, hosted by a man I knew so little but so much of. One thing was for sure, I knew so much about the people before him.