Chapter 5

I decided to go to the clothing store to pick out a dress that was simple, yet, allow me to seem normal in the crowd of people. I entered Springdales and headed towards the clothing section. They had a variety of dresses from poofy Cinderella to stretchy droop. I had more interest in the dark colored ones than the bright neon ones. A few of the dresses seemed exceptional, so, I tried on a few. Shopping for dresses is super hard, especially for me. One day they fit perfectly, the next, they seem like you bought them four years ago. I narrowed it down to four dresses, a brown café kind of color that had a turtleneck with long sleeves and was knee high, a black leather one that had a small skirt and a detachable long one, a navy blue long sleeve that was thigh high and had straps on the sides, or a dark green dress with silver straps and slightly poofy sleeves that show your shoulders and is mid way thigh high. They were all beautiful but none of them really made me feel, me. I hung them back up and noticed they restocked on a particular black dress. It was simple, had thin straps, and was knee high. It was absolutely gorgeous. I checked the price and it was the perfect price, right in my price range. I checked out from the store and headed back to my apartment hoping I wouldn't hear or see anything unusual, well, anything strange or unusual I didn't do.
***
Back at my apartment I hung the dress in my closet and checked the cabinets where I hid my stuff. Four things were missing, luckily they were the useless parts. The bad thing was that someone, or something, was rummaging around my apartment. I knew it couldn't be the vampire hunters because they wouldn't be so slick about it, they would have put garlic on my handle or lit a garlic scented candle. I noticed a yellow post it note inside the cabinet. It read, Hey, decided I would borrow a few things for my party, you got some cool LED lights in there. Can't wait to see you Thursday! -Miguel G. I crumbled the post it note and threw it in the garbage.

"It's time for me to enjoy more than just a party..." I said looking at the cabinet.

                                           ***

The party was in two days and I already had some ideas thought up. I did research about the nightclub and found out it had four floors. Floor 1 was the basement, where they had all the electrical equipment and supplies. nothing interesting, unless I wanted to light the place on fire but, that wasn't the plan. Floor 2 and 3 were the main areas where people would dance, drink, and talk with others. Most would get arrested there but that is not what I'm going for. Floor 4 was the upstairs/attic, only employees were allowed up there. That, was were I was heading. I just wanted to have a day off from my normal 'life' but now it has come to something a lot bigger.

***

The dance was later tonight, I was fixing my hair and getting my outfit ready. I tried to somewhat curl the ends of my hair and brush it out a little bit to make them loose, my hair is naturally wavy so I feel lose curls are more fitting on me. As I was curling my hair, I rethought my plan. I get in and find the elevator to take me to floor 4, maybe take a drink or two on the way, both kinds of drinks. I'm going to get one of the ladies that work there and take her outfit to disguise myself and get up onto the fourth floor. I am also bringing an extra dress for her, even though I am just taking her button up. Once I get on my desired level, the fun begins.