Thanksgiving Special

A/N: In honor of our boys and their 2nd Grammy nomination, along with their sweep of the AMAs, enjoy this short special chapter.

Jimin POV:

"Oh crap... oh god. Am I ready for this? I don't think I'm ready for this." I paced back and forth the bedroom at the pretty rental house in California. It was the Thursday before our first concert and Americans across the country were getting ready to celebrate Thanksgiving. My girlfriend, the one I would do anything for, was currently still asleep while I lost my ever-loving mind over meeting her father for the first time. I'd never met a parent before. What would I do? What would I say? Walking over to the dresser, I opened the drawer that held my socks and underwear and pulled out a roll of socks, unfolding them after checking over my shoulder to see if Y/N was awake.

The little white velvet box was perfectly concealed in the socks. I flipped the top open and looked at the ring I had purchased. It was a white gold ring with a perfect round diamond in the center of it. Even though it wasn't traditional for men in Korea to plan an elaborate proposal or to even ask before the wedding was planned, this was something I wanted to do for Y/N. Knowing this was a more western tradition, I had looked up nice ways to do it then Taehyung and I had come up with a plan together.

Shutting the box with a quiet snap, I put it back in the roll of socks, making sure it was concealed before closing the door. When I turned, I could see that Y/N had moved in her sleep, scooting closer to my side of the bed as though she had been looking for me. A smile on my face, I climbed back in the bed next to her and pulled her close. She snuggled up to my chest and I felt my heart melt. I kissed the top of her head, loving the way she made little happy sounds in her sleep, loving the way she cuddled closer to me, searching for the comfort she knew I would always provide her, the love I would always give her.

As she slept, I thought about the last few days. On Sunday night, the members and I had attended the American Music Awards. We had been stunned when we not just swept our three categories, but when we won Artist of the Year as well. Performing with Coldplay was a great time and I was glad we had been able to hang out with Chris Martin again. Y/N had laughed when I returned back to the rental home and showed her my phone. We had taken photos with so many artists that night that it made me feel good, made me feel like we were finally being appreciated by the same artists whose music we followed.

Just two days ago, the Grammy nominations were released and we had been excited to learn that we had been nominated for an award. We were happy since it was the biggest award show in the US, but ARMY once again voiced their pleasure when they learned that we had only been nominated for one award. We brushed it off, happy with what we had and not wanting to dwell on the things that didn't happen. The James Corden show the same night was fun. Namjoon had confronted Corden about some things said and I'm hoping it would bring back the fun relationship we had with him. He was one of the few who didn't treat us like we were just the latest craze.

Looking down at the love of my life, I kissed her cheek then ran a hand over her hair, enjoying the feel of the softness underneath my fingers. "Noona? What time does your dad fly in?"

"Mmm?" I giggled at her sleepy response, knowing she was not completely awake yet.

Wanting to wake her up with a smile, I moved my lips to her neck, planting gentle kisses along the soft skin. I knew it was affecting her when my name left her lips in a quiet moan. I continued to kiss her, grinning against her skin when I felt her hands in my hair, tugging me even closer. I looked up and saw her eyes were open and on me. "You awake now?"

Y/N nodded, her cheeks flushing pink, the arousal clear on her skin. "Yes. And I want to kiss you but I want to brush my teeth first."

Sitting up, I grabbed her hands and tugged her out of bed, dragging her into the bathroom. I prepped her toothbrush then handed it to her, grinning as she laughed at me. "Then brush. So I can kiss you."